Transfusion Service Ambassador Cincinnati, OH Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Cincinnati, OH, US
Customer & Technical Support
Yes, 75 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
Embrace the vision of becoming the leading diagnostic service provider by achieving customer loyalty and economic profitability through passion, partnership, and performance. Efficiently provide technical support solutions including installation; corrective; pre-emptive and proactive maintenance. Go above and beyond to respond to customer needs by partnering with sales; marketing and other functional areas while adhering to current compliance guidelines.
What You’ll Work On
Represent Abbott Diagnostic Division to its customer:
- Responsible for providing on-site support to Abbott Diagnostic Division (ADD) customers
- Support field personal
- Support District business objective and goals
- Provide direction and develop mentoring skills to mentor other FSRs
- Troubleshooting and resolving complaints reported by customers on complex medical instruments.
- Understand and follow Quality System. This includes Accurate and timely documentation of complaint resolution, Understand and practice regulatory and compliance procedures, Maintain a safe work environment following laboratory safety guidelines.
- Schedule and complete routine preventive maintenance installations and other updates provided by Abbott.
Integrate effectively into the service team:
- Work effectively within a diverse and dynamic team environment
- Support on call rotation time, territory and inventory management
- Standby and after-hours responsibilities
- Flexible working hours
- Unpredictable Travel
- Travel for support of other territories and training
- Providing on-site critical account support inside and outside of district boundaries.
- Responsible for IRL ownership to achieve organizational goals and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible to work cross functionally to achieve customer satisfaction through direct communication within the local performance partnership teams (P2T).
- Responsible to maintain ownership of customer issue until successful escalation or hand off takes place.
In addition to this position requires:
- Superior technical competency.
- Pro-Active Account Management.
- Complete instrument training across geographical IRL.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Provide superior customer service; through applying effective communication skills in order to build loyalty while proactively managing and resolving high-stress situations
- Delight our customers by providing support including installation, Preventive Maintenance, Technical Service Bulletins and repair by documenting; following up; and closing calls as per Abbott Diagnostics quality system.
- Partner cross-functionally and internally while maintaining positive relationships and ensure issues are resolved efficiently and satisfactorily while exceeding customer needs
- Successfully achieve the established business metrics including service sales, cost of service and key performance indicators for assigned customers/accounts.
- Champion utilization of remote support tools to proactively improve instrument up time
- Proactively improve expertise through continuous learning and certifications
- Must be able to influence other areas to achieve business goals
- Scope of responsibility includes representing Abbott Diagnostics to assigned customers in a professional forthright and ethical manner. The position reports to a Service Manager and is accountable for achieving individual and supporting team goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience required.
- Bachelors/Engineering Degree in Biomedical/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Medical Technology.
- Practical experience of interfacing with customers.
- Troubleshooting/problem solving; ability to succeed in team situations and excel independently, computer skills (Word; Excel, Power Point, Internet, Remote Computing i.e VPN, remote troubleshooting etc.), effective communication skills and strongly demonstrated interpersonal skills.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $31.50 – $63.00 per hour. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- customer loyalty
- customer service
- customer satisfaction
- complaint resolution
- superior customer service
- technical support
- following up
- compliance procedures
- proactive maintenance
- service sales
- mentoring skills
- resolving complaints
- inventory management
- business metrics
- medical technology
- medical devices
- remote support
- medical instruments
- quality system
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.