Thrombectomy Territory Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Indianapolis, IN, US
Yes, 50 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This is a field-based position, supporting Abbott’s Vascular division. Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease. Our extensive portfolio includes drug-eluting stents, bare metal stents, guide wires, balloon dilatation catheters, imaging catheters and software, vessel closure devices, peripheral stents, thrombectomy catheters and atherectomy devices.
We currently have an opportunity for a Thrombectomy Territory Manager for Indiana/Kentucky. This role will be responsible for ensuring that the assigned territory meets or exceeds sales objectives and delivers profitable growth/market share expectations aligned with the Annual Plan. The Territory Manager will work with, and report to, the Regional Sales Director to identify/evaluate market opportunities, business potential, and to achieve annual sales objectives in assigned territory. This individual will coordinate activities across the Region with Account Managers and Clinical Specialists, negotiate contracts with hospital customers, and keep the company informed of market dynamics & competitive activity.
What You’ll Work On
- Primary responsibility is to lead all clinical selling activity for the assigned territory by focusing on Vascular Surgeons, Interventional Cardiologists, and Interventional Radiologists to promote the Thrombectomy portfolio. This includes selling on clinical differentiation in the procedure, value proposition, product launch, physician onboarding, early case coverage and training.
- Secondary responsibility is to support commercial selling activity in the hospital setting. This includes influencing stakeholders within the hospital, driving product utilization, support on contracting, relationship development, relationship management, market development and partnering with the Account Manager for sales target achievement of the designated territories.
- Influence stakeholders within the hospital setting.
- Drive product utilization in key growth categories and driving sales/placement of capital to support product utilization.
- Support contracting efforts to gain favorable positions in accounts within the territory.
- Drive market development in new product segments and new product launches.
- Meet with current and potential customers to fulfill revenue and unit growth objectives assigned by company on a monthly / quarterly /annual basis.
- Develop and implement sales strategies by determining the relevant factors (e.g., product, competition, and pricing needs) of existing and potential accounts to effectively promote the company's products to appropriate hospital personnel and physicians.
- Develop action plans (i.e., weekly, quarterly, monthly) by analyzing quarterly and monthly sales figures and reports identifying the needs of accounts and discussing issues with the Regional Sales Director to help the organization achieve its sales goals.
- Develop relationships with hospital personnel and identify key purchasing decision makers in order to facilitate sales growth.
- Strengthen customer relationships by performing sales support activities (e.g., product training, therapy awareness., education events)
- Build networks of contacts to stimulate interest in the company’s products by attending and participating in trade shows, educational conferences, and seminars.
- Maintain clinical and technical expertise by attending company product training sessions.
- Prepare and submit reports to sales management by analyzing and compiling data, projections, and other relevant information.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5+ years of related work experience
- Ability to travel 50% within assigned region
- Preferred background includes prior experience selling in the medical device industry
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $56,700.00 – $113,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- regional sales
- sales growth
- sales target
- market development
- sales support
- sales goals
- driving sales
- product training
- profitable growth
- sales management
- relationship management
- relationship development
- customer relationships
- market dynamics
- medical devices
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.