Territory Manager, Structural Heart, SI Stroke Prevention (Los Angeles, CA) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Los Angeles, CA, US
Yes, 50 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO.
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution.
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of Structural Heart disease. We aim to lead the markets we serve by requiring the solutions we offer customers provide an improved benefit/risk profile as compared to existing standards of care; a performance threshold that by definition, guides and ensures the productive output of our engineering, business development, and clinical research efforts result in outcomes that advance the standard of care.
The Territory Manager, Structural Interventions is a field-based position, responsible for ensuring that the assigned territory meets or exceeds sales objectives. The Territory Manager will work with their Regional Director to identify and evaluate market opportunities and sales potential and to establish and achieve annual sales objectives in assigned territory. They will coordinate activities with clinical consultants and negotiate contracts with external customers. This role keeps the company informed of market dynamics and competitive activity.
This particular role is focused on Abbott’s Stroke Prevention offering which encompasses patent foramen ovale (PFO) as well as the recently approved FDA approved AmplatzerTM AmuletTM LAA Occluder.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Sells products by scheduling sales calls to meet with current and potential customers to fulfill revenue and unit growth objectives assigned by company on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Develops and implements sales strategies by determining the relevant factors (e.g., product, competition and pricing needs) of existing and potential accounts to effectively promote the company's products to appropriate hospital personnel and physicians.
- Develops action plans (i.e., weekly, quarterly, monthly) by analyzing quarterly and monthly sales figures and reports identifying the needs of particular accounts and discussing issues with regional manager to help the organization achieve its sales goals.
- Identifies key accounts, health care professionals, and business issues that have greatest effect on use of company products by meeting with existing and potential customers to identify their clinical needs, goals and constraints related to patient care.
- Observes actual procedures in the labs and operating rooms of hospital accounts to gain insight into the characteristics and specific needs of each physician and each member of the lab staff.
- Establishes pricing packages by working with relevant Abbott Vascular personnel to establish price points that address specific customer's needs while satisfying company guidelines and policies.
- Develops relationships with hospital personnel (e.g. through casual conversation, meetings, participation in conferences) to make new contacts in other departments within hospital and to identify key purchasing decision makers in order to facilitate future sales.
- Strengthens customer relationships by performing sales support activities (e.g. internal and external customer training, VIP trips, orientations, launches, and updates).
- Builds networks of contacts on behalf of company to stimulate interest in company's products by attending and participating in trade shows, educational conferences, and seminars.
- Educates external customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products by giving presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms (e.g., slides, transparencies, manuals) to secure purchasing commitments.
- Maintains clinical and technical expertise by attending company product training sessions.
- Assesses trends in managed care, competitors' strategies, and new product development by monitoring internal (e.g. sales growth, product mix, and pricing trends) and external indicators (e.g. competitors’ activities, technologies, websites, journals, and newsletters).
- Prepares and submits reports to sales management by analyzing and compiling data, projections, and other relevant information.
- BS/BA or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years of related work experience required.
- Verification that you will satisfy all vendor credentialing requirements, which may include vaccination for COVID-19. If you require a medical or religious accommodation from these requirements or if you would like to understand more about these requirements, please advise HR so that we can provide additional information and if needed, we can explore any needed accommodation(s).
- Degree in Life Sciences or Marketing preferred.
- Medical industry sales preferred.
- Strong sales and clinical orientation, experience with products for use in interventional cardiology, cardiac surgery and electrophysiology (EP), familiarity with echo cardiology and other indirect imaging, also strongly preferred.
- Stronger consideration will be given to candidates with Electrophysiology and/or Structural Heart sales experience.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $71,300.00 – $142,700.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- territory manager
- sales growth
- sales support
- sales calls
- sales goals
- customer relationships
- customer training
- product training
- sales management
- market dynamics
- managed care
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.