Supply Chain Specialist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Lake Forest, IL, US
Yes, 5 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Working under general supervision, provides analysis to Supply Chain team members which supports the company's global cash-flow optimization initiatives as well as other end-to-end supply chain improvements.
What You'll Do
- Collaborates with cross-functional stakeholders across international markets and ARDx entities to support some or all of the following Supply Chain initiatives through analysis:
- reduce inventory levels without decreasing customer service levels
- minimize supply chain scrap expenses
- improve asset management
- optimize raw material, sub-assembly and/or finished goods flow
- demand & supply forecast analysis to ensure all relevant business requirements/trends are incorporated and appropriately reflected.
- Extracts data from ERP system to create various moderately complex reports used to identify inventory management, expired inventory, stock rotation initiatives, and other inventory/stocking issues.
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of the information that is entered in the ERP system.
- Communicates all product availability risks as appropriate to affected departments and liaises with relevant departments to ensure the product is available to the customer
- Prepares, summarizes and presents data accuracy, delivery performance & other key metrics to assess performance, modify production plans & assess/prioritize focused improvement efforts to mid-level management.
- Publishes KPI's as required for all inventory-related metrics including forecast accuracy, DIOH, scrap reporting, line order fill rate, stock levels and PD delivery performance.
- Establishes backup plans for scenarios related to potential changes in product offerings, customer volumes, manufacturing changes, etc.
- Develops, maintains, and controls a realistic master receival schedule by balancing transportation, warehousing, and manufacturing requirements
- Identifies and may be involved in process improvement projects which improve customer service levels, improve product flows, minimize supply chain costs and improve asset management.
- Develop & maintain excellent cross-divisional, cross-functional and multi-geographical relationships with key business partners.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Bachelor's Degree (± 16 years) in Supply Chain, Business or equivalent preferred.
- Progressively responsible experience in supply chain analysis.
- 1+ year of experience with supply chain ERP/MRP systems.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- SAP experience
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to travel approximately 5%, including internationally.
The base pay for this position is $56,700.00 – $113,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- supply chain
- supply chain analysis
- inventory management
- focused improvement
- asset management
- business requirements
- regulatory requirements
- quality management
- delivery performance
- quality management systems
- ability to effectively communicate
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.