Sr. Supplier Quality Assurance Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Des Plaines, IL, US
40 hours per week
Sr. Supplier Quality Assurance Manager
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Des Plaines, IL Headquarters of Abbott Molecular, We are a division of Abbott Laboratories, a global, diversified healthcare innovator with a legacy of pioneering work in medical diagnostics.
This position provides leadership and guidance for the supplier quality engineering department; responsible for developing goals, objectives, procedures, policies and systems that are in line with company goals and objectives, mission and vision and FDA/ISO regulations. Daily responsibilities include managing the resolution of supplier quality/process issues, ensuring a continuous supply of high quality components to production and supporting product development to ensure the identification of quality oriented suppliers with capable processes that will manufacture high quality components. Ensures systems are in place to monitor and track department and supplier performance.
- Recruits, coaches and develops organizational talent.
- Fosters a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- Creates an entrepreneurial environment.
- Provides direction and guidance to exempt specialists and/or supervisory staff who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments.
- May supervise non-exempt employees.
- Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
- Demonstrates effective change leadership.
- Builds strategic partnerships to further departmental and organizational objectives.
- Develops and executes organizational and operational policies that affect one or more groups by utilizing technical/professional knowledge and skills.
- Monitors compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. compliance with FDA, BSI, EEO regulations, etc.).
- Makes decisions regarding work processes or operational plans and schedules in order to achieve department objectives. Lead / support proactive improvements at key suppliers
- Serve as technical supplier engineering resource for Third Party Manufacturers (TPMs) and critical / high-risk suppliers
- Ensure appropriate Quality Management System and process controls at the supplier / service providers to yield high quality material and products
- Identify and lead activities to reduce supplier related field actions and high-risk customer complaints / risk assessments
- Develops, monitors and appropriately adjusts the annual budget for department(s).
- Proactive Development of Supplier Management System
Bachelor’s degree Required.
- Minimum 9 years’ experience /7 years of Management experience
- Related work experience.
- Provides direction and monitors progress of exempt specialists and/or supervisory staff toward departmental goals.
- Monitors costs of projects and of human and material resources within a department or unit.
- Monitors company-wide indicators such as market share and profitability.
- Monitors external environment in area of technical or professional responsibility.
- Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.
- Develops and/or identifies new work processes and the improved utilization of human and material resources within the assigned or related functions or groups.
- Facilitates others' participation in the continuous improvement program.
- Investigates and solves problems that impact work processes and personnel within or across units or departments.
- Develops and communicates a vision for the organizational unit assigned.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $118,000.00 – $236,000.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- annual budget
- supplier management
- decision making
- supplier quality engineering
- professional responsibility
- product development
- continuous improvement
- medical science
- change leadership
- quality oriented
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.