Sr. Software Architect, BLE/NFC Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Alameda, CA, US
Research & Development
Yes, 15 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Interested in applying your wealth of technical knowledge and experience towards an opportunity in the medical field where you can improve the lives of people with diabetes?
Candidates will work with native iOS/Android components used in apps that strives to improve the health and well-being of users in over 49 countries. The core components consists of native libraries that are used in iOS and Android apps responsible for communicating with millions of Abbott FreeStyle Libre sensors. The candidate should have strong leadership ability and bring a passion for software engineering to help shape the direction of the team. Highly sought-after qualities include versatility and a desire to continuously learn, improve, and empower other team members. Candidate will support building complex, high-performance and secure component solutions for a medical device SaMD.
#softwarearchitect #software #softwareengineer
- Learn and improve our existing native iOS/Android based sensor connectivity solutions
- Design and implement NFC and BLE based features in the native libraries to support new sensors
- Collaborate with hardware team to troubleshoot connectivity issues on NFC and BLE
- Collaborate with both internal and external team members to shape and define APIs
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to develop and integrate with APIs that empower partners to integrate medical device in partner systems
- Design and implement unit testable code that is highly maintainable
- Provide new ideas and insight in collaboration with the team
- Ensure performance maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful design
- Contribute to significant architectural and operational decisions in collaboration with the Architecture team
- Build out tools and methodologies to make integration processes easier and faster.
- Implement systemic changes to align existing systems with current architectural goals
- Create diagrams, flowcharts and models that illustrate the internal design and workflow of solution components
- Collaborate as an engaged member of an agile team, realizing features through development, test, and delivery
- Engage in technical planning, design, and code reviews including peer code review of Pull Request
- Stay current with emerging trends, making recommendations as needed to help the organization innovate
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, other relevant field, or equivalent education AND experience.
- Experience with iOS/Android native development and source control tools like Git
- Experience with development and integration of C/C++ code in Android apps
- Practical experience with debugging NFC and BLE communication using sniffers
- Experience with practical knowledge of NFC/BLE platform APIs such as Core Bluetooth etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of native app permissions required for NFC and BLE communication
- Experience with applied cryptography and maintaining secure communication between devices
- Software development experience with Kotlin/Swift. Strong knowledge of mobile app platform and best practices. Good knowledge of design patterns, data structures, iOS/Android app ecosystem, tools and frameworks.
- Experience contributing to architecture/design of existing and new systems that are free of defects and easy to maintain and monitor
- Ability to work well with a team in a high-performance organization
- Comfortable working asynchronously with a distributed team
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills
- A willingness to learn new software development languages to meet goals and objectives
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals and experience with software development
- Eagerness to contribute beyond experience level
- Understanding and familiarity of Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with open-source software development
The base pay for this position is $135,700.00 – $271,500.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- software development
- software engineering
- native ios
- software development languages
- open-source software development
- core bluetooth
- technical planning
- applied cryptography
- computer science
- code review
- data structures
- computer science fundamentals
- source control tools
- emerging trends
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.