Sr Project Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Casa Grande, AZ, US
Yes, 5 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority.
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- Vacation – 3 weeks of accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 personal days + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- This role focuses primarily on process of project development and implementations.
- Support the development of capital program scope by working with commercial, research and development, quality, manufacturing, and engineering teams.
- Responsible for developing several scope options to evaluate and choose the best business case for the organization by working with multiple area finance teams.
- Utilize engineering knowledge to support equipment design by properly preparing requests for proposal documentation, updating equipment specifications, and having detailed equipment design conversations with equipment suppliers.
- Ability to manage several projects at the same time with multiple timelines and maintain adherence to internal process timelines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- 5+ years of significant engineering and/or operational experience.
- Mechanical, chemical, and industrial engineering experience. Process piping and wastewater experience.
- A Mechanical, Chemical or Industrial Engineering degree is preferred.
- PMP Certification
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity, Military/Veteran Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $71,300.00 – $142,700.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- industrial engineering
- project development
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.