Sr. Engineering Technician/Sr Technician Engineering Day Shift Schedule $40 an hour Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Casa Grande, AZ, US
Yes, 5 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Casa Grande, Ariz., is one of Abbott’s leading nutrition manufacturing plants in the U.S., reflecting our commitment to innovation and excellence. But we’re more than just a company, we’re a family. Working here you’ll be part of a family that works together to make a difference and enhance the lives of millions worldwide.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- Vacation – 3 weeks of accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 personal days + 10 paid holidays.
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
- A stable company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities.
Day Shift Schedule: 7:00 am-4:00 pm Monday-Friday
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Sr. Engineering Technician supports the installation, ongoing maintenance and continuous improvement of all plant equipment, systems and other fixed assets to a high standard of safety, quality and productivity at the lowest possible cost while maintaining compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Operations Technical Support - Provide technical support in the areas of electrical hardware, control systems, software and industrial vision systems to support new product introductions, new process/equipment start-up, process optimizations, vendor qualifications and process alternative evaluations. Implement new and/or current manufacturing methods into manufacturing. Monitor production to determine areas of improvement and react to unforeseen production/manufacturing issues. Create and execute validation activities according to plant/division policy.
- Project Management – Plans and conducts small-sized projects within the controls engineering function. Responsibilities include detailed project planning/monitoring, project reviews, implementation, validation and release to production. Supports larger-scaled projects under the direction of more senior engineering staff members.
- Design Engineering - Complete electrical, controls and software related engineering activities incorporating best available technologies while adhering to Abbott policies, regulatory requirements, GMP standards, Abbott Engineering Standards and Environmental, Health/Safety regulations. Under the direction of senior engineering team members, create equipment/process specifications, drawings and software as required and ensure that existing documentation is accurate and appropriate. Research, recommend, implement and qualify replacement parts for inadequate/discontinued/obsolete components, equipment and software.
- Cost Reduction/Productivity Improvement - Identify and implement cost reduction and productivity improvement projects within Abbott Nutrition.
- EHS - Demonstrate accountability and responsibility for Environmental Health and Safety performance and compliance through active participation and support of Abbott’s EHS program.
- Other Duties - Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the Quality System. Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- You’ll be accountable for meeting our compliance standards including FDA, OSHA and Abbott policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years of experience in technical trade or equivalent technical experience.
- Demonstrated competence in PLC programming, electrical troubleshooting, industrial vision systems and process instrumentation.
- Work experience in the food/medical industry under FDA regulation preferred.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal required.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within the operation and maintains strong working relationships with internals in a collaborative, fast-paced, goal-driven environment. Listens to and understands others’ points of view; possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- Interfaces with production team members, department managers, plant engineering and Division Engineering/QA functions.
- May represent department/plant on segments of projects.
- Receives general supervision and exercises some discretion as to work details.
- Leads small project teams/supports larger programs to successful completion. Responsible for completing project tasks within time and budget constraints.
- Work is reviewed for overall accuracy, completeness and soundness of technical judgment.
- Coordinates efforts with technical and support staff.
- This position has a direct impact on productivity and performance throughout the plant. This includes product quality and the effective utilization of headcount/equipment.
- This job is performed in a regulated quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.
- Associate degree or technical certification in electrical or engineering technology is preferred.
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity and Military/Veteran friendly Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $29.27 – $58.53 per hour. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- project management
- quality system
- control systems
- plant engineering
- electrical troubleshooting
- cost reduction
- technical support
- plc programming
- productivity improvement
- process instrumentation
- safety regulations
- project planning
- manufacturing methods
- environmental health
- design engineering
Sorry, this job is closed.
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.