Senior Utility Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Casa Grande, AZ, US
Yes, 25 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- Company Paid Pension plan
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a senior utility engineer, you will:
- Provide technical leadership on engineering and design, front end planning/development, implementation, optimization, commissioning and validation of facility and utility equipment, systems, and mechanical / electrical infrastructure.
- Leads the technical execution of multiple concurrent medium- to large-size capital projects for Abbott Nutrition plants in North America.
- Plan and develop utility/facility project scope, budget/cost, manufacturability and constructability, risks, schedule, and commissioning/validation considerations while collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Oversee and develop the technical deliverables for a system design including flow diagrams, P&IDs, 3D models, mass/energy balances, general arrangements, duct/piping routing and isometrics, hydraulic calculations, equipment/piping/valve/instrumentation specifications, and other documents in support of a project.
- Analyze performance data, benchmark internally and externally, anticipate future directions, assess, and implement opportunities to improve utility reliability and reduce energy usage in the manufacturing operations across the North American sites.
- Interface cross functionally to establish and achieve energy management (ISO 50001) and sustainability associated targets for energy, water, and carbon emissions.
- Interface frequently with inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represent the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects or initiatives.
- Provide technical support to the North America manufacturing sites, including existing system issues as well as design optimization as part of continuous improvement. Act as a subject matter expert technical influencer to senior leadership and stakeholders for business initiatives.
- Travel 25-30%
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (preferably mechanical or chemical engineering).
- Professional Engineer Licensure in the USA or Canada (Preferred)
- 7+ years of significant engineering and/or operational experience with implementation of capital projects.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of utility systems and infrastructure such as boilers/steam/condensate, nitrogen, compressed air, chilled water, HVAC, refrigeration (ammonia preferred), cooling tower, water filtration and purification (Reverse Osmosis, Carbon Filtration, Ultrafiltration, UV, etc), wastewater pretreatment (preferred).
- Experience working in an FDA/USDA regulated facility with cGMP facility/utility design and construction.
- Experience in managing engineering firms, vendors, suppliers and contractors.
- Experience in qualified and validated facilities, processes and systems.
- Experience in project management including scope, schedule, budget and risk management.
- Strong communication skills and interacts well with diverse groups within operations, quality, engineering and maintenance, and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
The base pay for this position is $71,300.00 – $142,700.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- capital projects
- utility design
- iso 50001
- chemical engineering
- utility systems
- energy management
- manufacturing operations
- continuous improvement
- project management
- technical leadership
- technical support
- carbon emissions
- system design
- hydraulic calculations
- 3d models
- reverse osmosis
- electrical infrastructure
- carbon filtration
- water filtration
- design optimization
- technical issues
- chilled water
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.