Senior Team Lead, Walmart Healthy Living - Bentonville, AR Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Bentonville, AR, US
Yes, 20 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Senior Team Lead-Walmart, Healthy Living
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Our location in Rogers, AR currently has an opportunity for a Senior Team Lead for the Walmart Healthy Living Business representing Ensure, Glucerna and ZonePerfect.
What You’ll Work On
Best in Class Leadership
- Coach and mentor, a team of 3 to deliver customer and team-specific quotas.
- Deliver strategic and tactical initiatives aligned with Business Unit direction.
- Develop and support programs that will increase Sales, Gross Margin, Turns, Contribution Margin, etc.
- Achieve territory and national sales quotas within established trade funding parameters.
- Develop and implement short and long-term omni business plans by Brand and category.
- Support team with new business opportunities within the assigned accounts.
- Monitor sales results vs. plan throughout the year, adjusting when appropriate.
- Conduct on-going internal and external team business reviews to measure, evaluate and present sales performance; and provide annually on future growth opportunities.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of customer P&L management. Work with customer and internal teams on account fiscal management with solid understanding of gross and promo margin management, trade spend efficiency, and overall customer funding management.
- Identify and communicate all new business opportunities to senior leadership.
- Incorporate the tools to help create accurate projections used monthly to assure AN’s financial commitment to stockholders.
- Develop Team business plans that align with AN’s long-range plan (LRP).
- Turn broad strategies into actionable plans and goals with measurements and owners assigned.
- Prioritize goals, projects and plans appropriately.
- Develop and leverage a thorough knowledge of the customer, industry and competitive landscape.
- Reach beyond the merchant and merchant director to forge strategic partnerships and to implement key initiatives and objectives.
- Identify opportunities for senior management to meet with key customers to discuss AN’s long-range innovations and strategic plans.
- Participate in any customer share groups to increase understanding of broader account environment and identify Abbott opportunities, where available.
- Manage, coach, develop and evaluate performance of team personnel through field visits, meetings and training sessions.
- Establish clear expectations, provide timely, accurate feedback — both positive and negative — and take appropriate follow-up action.
- Recognize, reward and promote people based on their performance, achievement of results and development of competencies.
- Encourage team members to broaden their corporate exposure to all departments that can help drive business volume.
- Coordinate effective use of cross-functional resources to achieve desired outcomes. Possible resources include Supply Chain, Shopper Marketing/Insights, Category Management, Customer Service, Retail Operations, Sales Development, and Brand Marketing.
- Foster effective and open communication from team members with both internal and external stakeholders. Possible information includes competitive intelligence, pricing, assortment, marketing activities, merchandising opportunities/risks, forecast changes and supply issues.
- Participate in field and customer visits with team members.
- 8+ years industry experience with progressive role responsibility
- 2+ year of experience with Walmart
- 2+ years of digital/ecommerce experience
- Bachelor's Degree Required
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $118,000.00 – $236,000.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- shopper marketing
- margin management
- sales development
- p&l management
- category management
- open communication
- business reviews
- business vision
- account fiscal management
- fiscal management
- brand marketing
- competitive landscape
- supply chain
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.