Senior Staff Software Engineer Integration and Scrum Lead Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Plano, TX, US
Research & Development
Yes, 10 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Sr Staff SW Integration and Scrum Lead
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Plano, TX location in the Neuromodulation division.
Make an impact! At Abbott we’re empowering people to manage their health with digital health technologies. This opportunity directly supports Abbott’s Neuromodulation business, a fast-growing business, offering the most innovative Spinal Cord and Deep Brain Simulation platforms in the market. Abbott’s Neuromodulation business has a large Product Development site in Plano (Dallas), Texas, where this position is based. Abbott is creating groundbreaking high-quality products designed and built with the betterment of human life as the primary focus. It’s our people who make this all happen. We are thinkers, problem solvers, and innovators working together to constantly challenge the status quo.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Software Integration Engineer and Scrum Lead with a strong software engineering background and deep knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). The ideal candidate should possess the ability to write basic scripts, tools, code, and review pull requests. This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate, driven individual to contribute to our ongoing growth and success.
What You’ll Work On
- Lead and coordinate the integration of software components to ensure seamless functionality
- Write basic scripts and tools to support the development process, automate tasks, and improve overall team efficiency
- Code review Software pull requests
- Facilitate and lead Scrum events such as Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective for multiple cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with Product Owners to manage and maintain the product backlog, ensuring that user stories are well-defined, prioritized, and estimated
- Coach and mentor team members on Agile methodologies, Scrum principles, and best practices
- Ensure proper use of project management tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Continuously evaluate and improve team performance and efficiency
- Work closely with stakeholders to manage expectations and ensure timely delivery of high-quality software solutions
- Act as a liaison between the development team and other departments, fostering a collaborative and transparent environment
- Monitor and report on project progress, risks, and issues to senior management
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends, best practices, and new technologies in software development and Agile methodologies
- Leverage software engineering background to contribute to the technical aspects of projects and provide guidance to the development team
- Ensure a thorough understanding of the SDLC, including frontend, application, and backend development, to effectively guide the team through the development process
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- 7+ years of experience in Software development, Integration, and a Scrum Master in a software development environment
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies such as Kanban, Lean, and XP is a plus
- Experience with project management tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or equivalent certification
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Previous experience managing external (contract) software development resources
- Solid verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization. Excellent communication and relationship skills, especially the ability to articulate advanced technical topics to non-technical individuals
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects
- Ability to contribute to multiple projects/demands simultaneously
- Ability to work both within a team, and independently, in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Very strong technical leadership and ability to constantly build, leverage and influence large network of senior technology and business experts across a large, diverse enterprise, and outside: vendors, standards bodies, analysts, and academia
- Have a demonstrated desire and ability to learn i.e. certifications, continued formal education etc.
- Desire to use AI and other software tools to enhance current Scrum methodologies
- Ability to use field data to influence decision making
- Interest in understanding and influencing software regulatory guidance and design controls
- Passion for the human physiology with emphasis on neurophysiology
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $102,700.00 – $205,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- certified scrum master
- computer science
- software development
- project management tools
- agile methodologies
- software engineering
- user stories
- software development resources
- project management
- code review
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.