Senior Sales Ambassador (Southern California) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Los Angeles, CA, US
Yes, 10 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Our diagnostic solutions are used in hospitals, laboratories, and clinics around the globe. The crucial information derived from our tests, instruments and informatics systems are often the first step in patient care decision making for hundreds of health conditions from heart attacks to blood disorders to infectious diseases and cancers.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
- Qualified candidates preferred to live in the Los Angeles, County area.
- Territory is Southern California.
- Travel up to 10%
What You’ll Work On
The Ambassador will be the representative of Abbott and the Core Laboratory Diagnostics brand to the customer. The Ambassador operates as the primary account management contact with key strategic (landmark) customer accounts; with a focus on customer satisfaction, improving economic profitability, increasing customer loyalty; and retaining business via contract renewal and closing new solutions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Improve customer satisfaction of current Landmark accounts to drive better retention rates, increase Abbott’s ability to value expand, and build and manage Abbott’s reputation to ensure the customer would act as a reference as needed to potential new customers
- Drive customer loyalty by resolving customer issues, supporting operational business reviews with key lab contacts
- Assess customer operations and identify opportunities for operational/service improvement
- Work with Enterprise Account Managers (EAM) to renew business early or extend contract to block the competition (focused on lab partnerships)
- Develop and execute existing account plans to ensure customer satisfaction and drive value expansion opportunities
- Execute via sales process on value expansion opportunities identified by EAM
- Elevate all customer challenges immediately as needed in partnership with the service organization
- Effectively support technical needs of the laboratory and influence new solutions buying decisions
- Support implementation process on new landmark account, through:
- Direct support of project ordering, instrument installation, assay validation with technical partners
- Participating in hyper care activities
- Taking ownership of account and customer relationship post-implementation
- Represents Abbott and the Core Laboratory Diagnostics brand to the customer with emphasis on laboratory management.
- Will interact with Sales colleagues, Area/ Regional Marketing; Customer Support Center and Technical Service; Finance.
- This position is a very visible and will influence customer purchase decisions.
- Makes decision on reagent utilization on integrations and troubleshooting product replacement. Considers financial and customer implications as part of decision making.
- Critical contribution to the effectiveness of the CAPA system with responsibility for accurate documentation of customer complaints and the actions taken to resolve those concerns. Exhibits high level of integrity, honesty, keeping commitments and presenting information completely and accurately to both internal and external customers. Monitor and maintains customer satisfaction through direct contact.
- Adheres to safety guidelines, policies, procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience required.
- Experience providing technical product application and/or hardware support.
- Experience interfacing with customers.
- Strong people management and communication skills.
- Trouble shooting/problem solving skills.
- Computer skills (MS Office)
- Bachelor’s degree in Bio Medical / Engineering / Electrical / Mechanical / Medical Technology or Commercial is preferred.
- Three (3) years relevant experience with instrumentation utilized in a laboratory environment, or directly in laboratory environment, field service, technical call center.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $71,300.00 – $142,700.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- people management
- customer satisfaction
- customer loyalty
- customer support
- account management
- regional marketing
- service improvement
- technical product
- medical technology
- laboratory management
- communication skills
- technical product application
- safety guidelines
- customer operations
- business reviews
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.