Senior Program Manager, CRM Program Management Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Sylmar, CA, US
Yes, 10 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Senior Program Manager, CRM Program Management
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Sylmar, CA or Sunnyvale, CA location in the Cardiac Rhythm Management division.
As a global leader in Cardiac Rhythm Technologies, we focus on innovative technologies that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats.
A Senior Program Manager, CRM Program Management at Abbott CRM is considered a leader in the business and a significant contributor to the organization’s divisional goals.
The Senior Program Manager, CRM Program Management is responsible for managing complex Digital Health software development programs in a cross-functional and cross-site team setting.
This role is responsible for all aspects of a program from initiation to successful launch including, defining clear scope, identifying program risks and mitigations, creating a program plan, executing against a detailed timeline and managing the program budget.
This role requires strong leadership and influencing skills and the ability to effectively communicate issues, risks, and mitigations to multiple stakeholders, including Senior Executives.
A medical device background with experience working in a regulated environment is important since working efficiently within a Quality System will be a key success factor.
What You’ll Work On
- Overall responsibility for program execution. Delivers program plans and enables successful completion of program milestones by working with key stakeholders within cross-functional and cross-site teams.
- Manages program timeline, scope, dependencies, and budget to meet program objectives and divisional goals.
- Represent the program at executive level meetings by presenting key accomplishments, plans, outstanding risks, mitigations, and key milestones.
- Drives collection, assessment, and presentation of key program topics to support program decision making at the Senior Executive level.
- Identifies gaps, potential bottlenecks, or delays, and challenges assumptions to program delivery.
Expertise and Problem Solving Duties:
- Develop program, timelines and budget. Utilize program scheduling software to plan and track deliverables.
- Develop an implementation plan, conduct risk assessments and develop contingency plans to accommodate unforeseen events.
- Lead cross-functional teams through program planning exercises to develop detailed schedules and integrated project plans.
- Assist management in selecting the specific action plans that will best meet the identified long-term business issues.
- Recognize the broader implications of actions and proposals on the final program outcome, related systems and activities, and general business strategy.
- Prepare and present program progress reports to keep management and team informed. Identify problems, their resolution, trends, and their impact on program success. Propose recommendations for management action.
- Negotiate program outcomes and deliverables to meet the conflicting demands of time, money and scope.
- Maintain program expenses within budget.
- Drive cross-functional teams to meet milestones and deliverables established during program planning and agreed upon with senior leadership.
- May function as the program contact with third party vendors.
- Provide leadership on strategic business issues.
- Accountable for the total program scope; completion within budget constraints and scheduled completion date.
- Use influence to solicit the cooperation of a diverse group of disciplines and functions.
- Lead others in the completion of program tasks.
- Manage cross-functional teams that may be geographically distributed.
- Manage the decision-making process - is the final decision-maker for conflicts when in context of agreed upon program plan.
- Creates a work environment that supports team effectiveness. Provides feedback to team members on performance.
Level of interpersonal skills:
- Interact with senior level management to reach agreement regarding significant program strategies.
- Interface with other functions, customers, program staff and internal/ external experts as required.
- Prepare and presents written and oral reports and other presentations to internal and external audiences. Adjusts presentation style and content to suit the audience.
- Negotiate resources, both human and financial.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, or business administration.
- 10 years relevant work experience in program management or medical device product development.
- Extensive experience with program management and/or digital health in a regulated industry.
- Experience leading software development programs in a medical device, biomedical or high technology industry that adheres to Quality Systems.
- Formal program management training or certificate preferred.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in Digital Health in a regulated industry.
- Results-driven leader with a track record of on-time delivery of program milestones.
- Effective communicator and influencer in meetings, presentations, and discussions.
- Master’s degree in Life Sciences or Engineering or MBA.
- Familiarity with program management tools (e.g. MS project and power point).
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $135,700.00 – $271,500.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- digital health
- crm program management
- software development
- program management tools
- program delivery
- scheduling software
- business administration
- assist management
- medical devices
- program planning
- program execution
- decision making
- ability to effectively communicate
- business strategy
- influencing skills
- interpersonal skills
Sorry, this job is closed.
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.