Senior Key Account Area Clinical Specialist (San Francisco, Sacramento, Los Angeles, CA) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Francisco, CA, US
Customer & Technical Support
Yes, 50 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO.
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution.
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
In Abbott’s Electrophysiology (EP) business, we’re advancing the treatment of heart disease through breakthrough medical technologies in atrial fibrillation, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
REMOTE BASED – APPLICANTS MUST BE FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING STATES: OR, WA, CA, AK, ID, NV, UT , MT, AZ
What You’ll Work On
As a member of the key account clinical team you will work within an assigned geography at some of the most important accounts in the country. The KACS is responsible for providing technical expertise, clinical expertise, and support of the EP ablation and mapping process to colleagues, current customers, and/or potential customers. This role works under moderate direction with NACES and KACR teammates to identify and capitalize on sales opportunities by creating competency, comfort and expertise with all Abbott EP technologies among physician, lab technician and lab support staff.
- Work within a multifunctional team requiring critical thinking, collaborative engagements, and time-based execution.
- Attend and provide mapping support at EP procedures. Proctors staff/physicians and work to develop center to independence. As directed by his/her area and national leaders, contact and visit clients and potential clients, addressing any client questions and concerns.
- Provides medical professionals with in-case support, new product training, sales support, information, and training on the use of Company products and with staff education, in-services and technical troubleshooting.
- Execute on a per account basis an EP development and clinical staffing entry and exit strategy.
- Elevation of local clinical team through AAA execution and mentorship. Provide full post case debrief to share best practices and case learnings with all surrounding support staff.
- Creation and distribution of case studies and training materials
- Fellows training
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of assigned accounts to include competitor activity, conduct evaluations, and develops strategies for growth opportunities within assigned accounts.
- Ability to interface and interact with patients.
- Collects and studies information about new and existing products and monitors competitor sales, prices and products.
- Provides sales support, educational support, and clinical expertise/guidance to internal colleagues.
- Willing and able to travel at 50%.
- High communication capacity to ensure that multiple business partners are integrated into EP procedure schedules and strategies.
- Presentation skills and the ability to articulate procedure details, anticipation, and promotion of Abbott technologies.
- Registered Nursing Degree (RN), Certified Radiology Technician (CRT), or Cardiovascular Technician (RCIS) or equivalent experience.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Schedule flexibility for case coverage and customer meetings after hours and on weekends.
- Excellent personal computer skills including MS Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point
- Exceptional knowledge in EP ablative therapies and medical devices industry.
- Verification that you will satisfy all vendor credentialing requirements, which may include vaccination for COVID-19. If you require a medical or religious accommodation from these requirements or if you would like to understand more about these requirements, please advise HR so that we can provide additional information and if needed, we can explore any needed accommodation(s).
- At least 3 years of prior EP industry experience and advance degree preferred.
- BS in related field highly desirable.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $71,300.00 – $142,700.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- product training
- sales support
- critical thinking
- staff education
- technical troubleshooting
- cardiac electrophysiology
- case studies
- medical device sales
- ep development
- presentation skills
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.