Senior IT Oracle eBusiness Suite Technical Specialist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Plano, TX, US
Yes, 5 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Abbott is looking for a Senior IT Technical Specialist - Oracle eBusiness Suite ERP application responsible for aligning technology solutions with business strategies, working principally with senior management.
The Senior IT Technical Specialist acts as an expert for the Oracle eBusiness Suite ERP application for the major systems and their subsystems utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and existing designs.
What You’ll Work On
- Provide Functional and Technical guidance, expertise and support of core Oracle eBusiness suite modules. Responsibilities include:
- Configuration Management
- Application Administration
- API Integration and Support
- Subsystem Support, such as Alerts, Labeling, EDI and Customizations
- Provide support of key interfaces with other corporate systems, such as Order Management, Device History (DHR), Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) and Forecasting.
- Define technical requirements and support of offshore development teams.
- Work with Business groups leveraging the eBusiness Suite capabilities and functionality.
- Project success is critical to the continued business success of the corporation. Accountable for successful and timely completion of all tasks/projects under direct and matrix control.
- Provides strategic consultancy support to customers in defining or designing business processes and researching and identifying enabling technologies based on customer requirements.
- Assess near-term needs utilizing structured interview processes, consult with technical subject matter experts and develop alternative technical solutions; advise on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impact on other business processes and priorities.
- Provide Audit support.
- Partner with the functional groups within the IT organization to communicate and clarify business needs, contribute to development of long-range system plans, and ensure products and services are aligned with business needs.
- Ally with other IT functional areas to remain apprised of project status, and inform customer management of progress; conversely, keep the IT group's technology and service managers aware of user issues and potential potholes or resolve conflicts.
- Serve as techno-functional expert or lead projects/programs to develop, test and implement significant new products, or operational improvements or devise new approaches to problems at the division/business unit.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Minimum of 8+ years of overall IT experience
- Experience with gathering user and functional requirements for business applications.
- Techno-functional expertise in Oracle eBusiness Suite ERP application.
- Full Software Development Lifecycle delivery & documentation experience
- Experience with Software Lifecycle in a regulated industry is desirable
- Successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to work in a fast paced, team environment with strong attention to detail and quality results.
- Outstanding analytical, troubleshooting, written & verbal communication skills are essential; must be independent, driven to deliver and customer service oriented.
- Embraces change and maintain focus and positive approach in face of uncertainty
- Experience with ERP systems or integrations with applications such as Oracle eBS is beneficial
Bachelor's degree. No advanced degree required.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $90,700.00 – $181,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- order management
- oracle e-business suite
- customer management
- erp systems
- configuration management
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.