Senior Financial Analyst Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Sylmar, CA, US
Yes, 5 % of the Time
40 hours per week
What You'll Do
We are currently recruiting for an experienced, highly capable Sr. Financial Analyst to support Abbott’s Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM) division in our Sylmar, CA location. This position is a key role within CRM’s Division FP&A team that partners with various levels of leadership to drive financial ownership, cost efficiency, and business excellence. You will be responsible for complex financial planning, forecasting and reporting for the business.
This is an onsite position based in our Sylmar, CA office.
- Prepare financial analysis and reports to support the Annual Plan and Latest Best Estimate (LBE) quarterly forecast process for all aspects of the CRM Division.
- Support the month-end close process and reporting of monthly financial performance metrics. Partners with Commercial and Functional teams to analyze sales and P&L performance versus various financial benchmarks.
- Prepare month-end journal entries and variance analysis to support HQ cost centers.
- Develop flexible, comprehensive tools and templates to support the consolidation and timely completion of corporate schedules as well as develop system solutions and process improvements that meet the needs of the financial planning and/or reporting requirements.
- Maintain an effective and efficient planning process for the division and functional areas being supported, including the coordination of a planning calendar with key dates and deliverables.
- Perform adhoc requests and drive cross-business analytic projects for senior management, with financial modeling, data mining and presentation support.
- Key liaison between CRM Finance, Med Device HQ FP&A and Corporate FP&A.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- BA / BS Accounting or Finance or related field; CPA or advanced education degree is preferred
- 3+ years of Financial Planning and Analysis experience
- Advanced level of proficiency with Excel (e.g., Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, Sumifs)
- Proficiency with PowerPoint
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to articulate financial results based on audience
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $82,100.00 – $164,100.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- financial planning
- crm finance
- financial results
- financial analysis
- financial modeling
- variance analysis
- performance metrics
- data mining
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.