Senior Field Clinical Specialist (WA, OR, UT, AK, Northern CA) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Abbott Park, IL, US
Medical and Clinical Affairs
Yes, 75 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Senior Field Clinical Specialist
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
In Abbott’s Heart Failure (HF) business, we’re developing solutions to diagnose, monitor and manage heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Field Clinical Specialist. This position will be primarily responsible for demonstrated and consistent technical and clinical support to the Clinical Affairs Organization, with specific focus on BU technologies and therapy areas.
This individual will provide field support of clinical research study procedures with Abbott BU technologies, as well as, accurate technical support/troubleshooting, project and/or territory management, general field image representation for Abbott, and field input to BU product management groups. Will function as an expert resource for covering clinical studies/procedures, handling challenging technical/protocol troubleshooting scenarios, critical software or product testing, product or project advisory boards, and high-profile presentations while collaborating with the sites and other cross functional partners on BU clinical studies.
What You’ll Work On
- Proactively, and with minimal oversight, facilitate sustained strong performance and capabilities of study sites within their territory.
- Use critical thinking to identify issues, address them, and create plans to augment success or prevent recurrence of variances from site expectations.
- Work with sites to develop capabilities to take on more complex trials, or larger volume of trials.
- Communicate to BU FCA Management and study team proactively and in a timely manner, all study and site updates critical to clinical priorities.
- Identify and share best practices for territory management.
- Deepen area(s) of expertise and function as a regional clinical and technical resource.
- Utilize effective communication skills in difficult conversations with key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with KOLs and commercial partners to educate and deliver key clinical trial highlights
- Contribute additional value to the organization beyond primary responsibilities which may include but are not limited to:
- Actively seek opportunities to deliver value on a national level.
- Serve as a study champion.
- Provide feedback on product performance.
- Actively participate in EP/HF Consortium.
- Act as a mentor to other FCS staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, biological sciences, or a related field, OR equivalent or related experience in cardiology or clinical research.
- 3 or more years of progressively more responsible relevant clinical work experience in the cardiovascular field.
- High level of competency in cath lab and operating room protocol and procedures.
- Recognized as a leader/expert beyond local territory
- Ability to travel approximately 75%, including internationally.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $71,300.00 – $142,700.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- territory management
- technical support
- product management
- product performance
- product testing
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.