Senior Backend Full-Stack Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Plano, TX, US
Research & Development
Yes, 10 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Sr. Backend Full-Stack Engineer
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Plano, TX location in the Neuromodulation division.
Make an impact! At Abbott we’re empowering people to manage their health with digital health technologies. This opportunity directly supports Abbott’s Neuromodulation business, a fast-growing business, offering the most innovative Spinal Cord and Deep Brain Simulation platforms in the market. Abbott’s Neuromodulation business has a large Product Development site in Plano (Dallas), Texas, where this position is based. Abbott is creating groundbreaking high-quality products designed and built with the betterment of human life as the primary focus. It’s our people who make this all happen. We are thinkers, problem solvers, and innovators working together to constantly challenge the status quo.
The Sr. Backend Full-Stack Engineer is responsible for assuring that the backend remains in line with business needs and requirements in their structure and function. Maintains technology standards, evaluates, and directs new technology designs. Provides technical expertise, playing a vital role in innovating, designing, enhancing, implementing, and scaling applications and wireless connectivity platforms. Create applications that scale seamlessly across the globe. Documents the design and functionality of the system end-to-end. Assignments will consist of developing applications that work across devices, large scale data processing, interface with internal and external systems, service development and network security. Work deliverables will require the application of theoretical engineering principles, design and architecture, evaluation, ingenuity and creative/analytical techniques.
What You’ll Work On
- Responsible for designing, implementing, and documenting the software based on the provided architecture.
- Build systems ensuring security, scalability, reliability, extensibility, and usability.
- Develop projects in an agile, fast-moving environment and deliver with utmost quality.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, diagrams, and clear code.
- Work in collaboration with the vendor teams to keep the team aligned and focused on the goal and get things delivered on time.
- Work on the latest cutting-edge technologies to provide more sophisticated solutions to the customers.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams such as cybersecurity, legal, regulatory and ensure all the implementations meet those cross functional requirements.
- Develop microservices that fit in the grand solution paradigm.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- 3+ plus years hands-on coding experience with C#, .NET, ASP.Net Core, Angular/React JS, SQL Server/PostgreSQL/Azure Cosmos DB, Data Lake, etc.
- Project experience with Microsoft Azure implementing components like Virtual Machines, Web Apps, Function Apps, SignalR, Storage Account, Cloud databases, IoT, Azure IAM, etc.
- Designed, implemented, and published services using dockers, Kubernetes, etc.
- Implemented and delivered applications and SDKs on mobile and embedded platforms.
- Excellent communication skills for expressing ideas and concepts clearly and concisely
- Prior experience with Android/iOS programming desired
- Driven to move the medical device industry through to power of intelligent software systems
- Exhibit a passion for technical innovation
- Solid verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization. Excellent communication and relationship skills, especially the ability to articulate advanced technical topics to non-technical individuals
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects
- Ability to contribute to multiple projects/demands simultaneously
- Ability to work both within a team, and independently, in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Preferred experience - Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) development, Digital health software development
- Have a demonstrated desire and ability to learn i.e. certifications, continued formal education etc…
- Desire to use AI and other software tools to enhance current software development
- Ability to use field data to influence decision making
- Interest in understanding and influencing software regulatory guidance and design controls
- Passion for the human physiology with emphasis on neurophysiology
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $71,300.00 – $142,700.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- asp.net core
- sql server
- software development
- azure cosmos db
- data lake
- functional requirements
- computer engineering
- microsoft azure
- data processing
- computer science
- network security
- virtual machines
- service development
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.