Senior AI Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Sylmar, CA, US
Research & Development
Yes, 25 % of the Time
40 hours per week
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Our location in Sylmar, CA currently has an opportunity for a Senior AI Engineer in the Digital Technology Services group.
We are looking for a savvy AI Engineer to help us build machine learning and artificial intelligence products. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills and experience in productionizing machine learning and AI models. This individual will be responsible for designing, architecting and developing machine learning and deep learning systems and platforms. They will be self-directed and comfortable supporting the AI Ops needs of data science & software engineering teams from multiple products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of applying machine learning and AI Ops to support Abbott’s next generation of products and data initiatives through thought leadership and application.
What You’ll Work On
- Support the growing ML and AI Ops initiatives at Abbott
- Help in architecting ML and AI platforms for various divisions and teams
- Develop and apply industry leading machine learning and deep learning systems to help solve business problems
- Ability to customize large language models for product applications, and knowledgeable in natural language processing and generative AI
- Lead design and coding of big data and machine learning systems
- Collaborate with product stakeholders to ideate and prove viability of machine learning use cases (Ability to translate business needs and goals into an AI approach and solution, and articulate findings to a non-technical audience)
- Effective advanced analytics and AI skills with a foundation in programming (e.g. R, python), database environment (e.g. big-data platforms and SQL skills), and dashboard development (e.g. PowerBI, QlickView)
- Design model performance metrics, retraining schedule and tests
- Assist with deploying models to public cloud infrastructure such as AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Mentor other engineers and data scientists, remain aware of new developments in the field, and help build and grow the team (and other duties as assigned)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 5 years of leading design and architecture of new and existing machine learning systems
- 5 years of experience of professional software development
- Experience with natural language processing and generative AI
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or another quantitative field
- Experience in time series data, signal, image, and video processing
- Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics, and algorithms
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Prior experience in the healthcare or other regulated industries
- Experience using the following software/tools:
- Unsupervised, semi-supervised and supervised learning methods
- Machine learning frameworks such as Keras, PyTorch, or Tensorflow
- Libraries such as numpy, scikit-learn, scipy and statsmodel
- Programming languages: Python, R, .NET Core, Java
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $118,100.00 – $236,100.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- ai ops initiatives
- deep learning
- data science
- ai platforms
- machine learning
- natural language processing
- .net core
- advanced analytics
- big data
- software engineering
- public cloud
- microsoft azure
- performance metrics
- computer science
- video processing
- programming languages
- machine learning frameworks
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.