Sales Representative Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Houston, TX, US
Yes, 50 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO.
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution.
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
In Abbott’s Electrophysiology (EP) business, we’re advancing the treatment of heart disease through breakthrough medical technologies in atrial fibrillation, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
What You’ll Work On
We are seeking an experienced high caliber Sales Representative/Territory Manager, EP. The Sales Rep calls on physicians and hospitals to sell a variety of Abbott's medical devices in an assigned territory. May conduct marketing surveys, effectiveness reviews of calls/sales activities, and territory analysis. Services accounts and suggests and presents new products. Employees act on their strong desire to make a difference, partner with others and put ideas into action. Employees are engaged by a work culture that is team-oriented, fast paced and progressive. Provides medical professionals with information and training on the use of Company products and with staff education, in-services and technical troubleshooting. Analyses sales statistics; prepares reports; and performs required administrative sales duties, e.g., filing expense account reports, scheduling appointments, and making travel plans. May attend trade shows where new products and technologies are showcased and conferences to meet other sales representatives and clients and discuss new product developments.
- Experience leading a team of clinicals
- A demonstrated ability to analyze and evaluate technologically complex devices; ability to work with and direct others effectively; ability to prepare and present strong written and verbal communications; and familiarity with medical device industry policies, operations and procedures
- Documented record of delivering sales/marketing information which adds value to management's decision making process
- Responsible for selling EP disposables, capital equipment, and service/warranty
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with customers, physicians, hospital administrators, government agencies, medical groups, and other sales representatives
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication, negotiation, sales, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated working knowledge of frequently used personal computer programs and relevant applications
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field or equivalent and typically five plus years of progressively more responsible sales experience, including experience with cardiovascular medical devices.
- Verification that you will satisfy all vendor credentialing requirements, which may include vaccination for COVID-19. If you require a medical or religious accommodation from these requirements or if you would like to understand more about these requirements, please advise HR so that we can provide additional information and if needed, we can explore any needed accommodation(s).
- Cardiac Electrophysiology mapping/sales a plus
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $39,000.00 – $97,000.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- territory analysis
- sales statistics
- medical devices
- technical troubleshooting
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.