Project Manager II Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Kansas City, MO, US
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not an active open requisition. We are building a candidate slate for a future opening
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
The position of Project Manager II – Workplace is within our eScreen Toxicology business unit located in our Kansas City, MO office. This position is responsible for overseeing and managing Commercial projects within the business unit. This candidate will coordinate with cross-functional teams, including but not limited to Operations, Finance, National Accounts, Clinic Solutions, Product, Quality, Regulatory, Human Resources and IT to ensure that all deliverables are completed correctly and delivered on time. We are looking for someone who is highly organized with a calm urgency, takes initiative, wired to get things done and is deliberate at applying the most streamlined delivery approach to each project.
What You’ll Work On
- Project completion focused to keep a project moving and driven to check project tasks off the list as they are defined in a well-constructed project plan.
- Build relationships across various levels of an organization and successfully/tactfully able to motivate skilled SME project team contributors to complete project tasks on-time and at the highest levels of quality.
- Competency to live in the details of a project, but also keenly aware of the bigger picture view of how the project fits into and is prioritized into the larger business strategy.
- Interviewing requirements out of key Stakeholders/SME’s and synthesizing those requirements into clear deliverables to be recorded in an actionable Work Breakdown Structure/Project Plan.
- Proven ability to manage to plan and effectively identify & clarify risks, issues and creatively mitigate with paths to green actions
- Polished communicator- written documentation and oral presentations to Senior management
- Effective facilitation of working meetings and large “big room” planning sessions.
- Skilled at recording and presenting concisely prepared project documentation including status reports, project plans, etc.
- Manage multiple projects and quickly flex and adapt if strategic priorities change.
- Provides project management expertise for medium to large scale programs
- Leads a multi-functional core team from Ideation through Launch
- Works closely with cross-functional teams including Operations, Finance, Account Management, Clinic Solutions, Quality, Product, Regulatory, Human Resources, and IT, and establishes program plans and objectives.
- Tracks progress and communicates proactively the impact of changes (e.g. scope, cross functional resources, timelines, costs, etc.) to key stakeholders.
- Ensure that teams are equipped and prepared per the appropriate phase requirements to present at key business and design review meetings; that all appropriate stakeholders within and outside the business unit are apprised of review meetings and the results thereof.
- Exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices; build productive internal/external working relationships.
- Familiarity with medical clinic workflows and related medical software (EMR, Document Management, etc.).
- Effectively and constructively communicate across departmental disciplines while pursuing project goals.
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies.
- Other duties as assigned, according to the changing needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 4+ years’ experience in Project Management within the healthcare industry or related field
- Extensive experience leading projects to completion
- Extensive experience in developing and managing projects using Smartsheet, Miro, Visio, Excel, Power Point or other project management tools
- PMP certification
- Kansas City Metro area based
- Proven ability to provide sound conclusions and recommendations
- Demonstrated organizational skills with a focus on detailed work
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Demonstrate and skillfully execute tactful project team guidance and inspiration.
- Ability to initiate and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as part of a team, meet deadlines & take instruction from multiple persons
- Ability to flexibly negotiate and rapidly prioritize a wide breadth of project scope items
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $71,300.00 – $142,700.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- project management
- project documentation
- document management
- design review
- account management
- business strategy
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.