Program / Project Manager, Operational Excellence - Sturgis, MI Plant Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Sturgis, MI, US
Yes, 5 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
For over 70 years, Abbott’s Sturgis, Mich., has been impacting its community while producing products that provide essential nutrition to millions of families around the world. Working here, you’ll feel part of a family that is dedicated to making a difference and helping others.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- Vacation – 3 weeks of accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 personal days + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
- A stable company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead the development of new business approaches and concepts to maximize efficiencies and drive business performance
- Lead and implement key strategic projects that will significantly improve margin and drive business outcomes for the site.
- Develops an implementation plan, conducts risk assessments, estimates and verifies financial benefits and develops contingency plans to accommodate unforeseen events.
- Recognizes and removes barriers to project completion. Recognizes the broader implications of actions and proposals on the overall business.
- Have a practical knowledge of the manufacturing processes and equipment capabilities at the site of support.
- Establishes standard approaches for productivity, and quality metrics/measurements (KPIs) to ensure optimum efficiency and effectiveness and develop data visualization tools/dashboards to drive operational performance – then drive this understanding throughout the site.
- Owns, communicates, educates and facilitates the site Continuous Improvement (CI) Projects/Objectives:
- Mentor/train key stakeholders in the use and practice of continuous improvement methodologies and tools. (Lean, value stream mapping, six-sigma, Kaizen, Focused Problem Solving).
- Assist in selecting, scoping, prioritizing, and executing CI projects
- Estimate and verify financial benefits of CI projects
- Acts as the change agent by helping employees learn, understand, adjust and grow within the continuous improvement culture
- Assesses current processes and standard workflow and identifies process improvement opportunities utilizing organizational, analytical, Lean and six sigma problem solving methodologies.
- Thinks strategically to anticipate future issues and challenges and create appropriate plans now, using proactive approaches.
- Demonstrates analytical capability to find systemic issues to root cause, and create actions plans to mitigate, close and/or eliminate.
- Drives the change management necessary to implement effective programs.
- Lead both direct employees and indirect teams of employees
- Solicit the cooperation of a diverse group of disciplines and functions in a tactful and persuasive manner.
- Organize and lead cross functional teams and align team members to management's vision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree BA/BS: Engineering, Business, Operations or Science
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- 4+ years of demonstrated success in applying Continuous Improvement / OpEx tools
- 2+ years’ experience in manufacturing operations, business improvement, quality systems and/or other areas related to project management
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- PMP Certification
- Knowledge of applicable standards for a regulated environment
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity and Military/Veteran friendly Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $80,700.00 – $161,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- Project Management
- Continuous Improvement
- Manufacturing Operations
- Change Management
- Business Improvement
- Strategic Projects
- Six Sigma
- Process Improvement
- Cross Functional
- Continuous Improvement Culture
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Analytical Capability
- Value Stream Mapping
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Quality Systems
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.