Production Supervisor-12 Hour Night Shift Position from 6:00 pm-6:30 am-Rotating Schedule Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Casa Grande, AZ, US
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Casa Grande, Ariz., is one of Abbott’s leading nutrition manufacturing plants in the U.S., reflecting our commitment to innovation and excellence. But we’re more than just a company, we’re a family. Working here you’ll be part of a family that works together to make a difference and enhance the lives of millions worldwide.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- Vacation – 3 weeks of accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 personal days + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
- A stable company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities.
Please note: This is a 12-hour Night shift position from 6:00 pm to 6:30 am and allows you to have every other weekend off. Rotating Schedule:
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Coordinating production team activities to deliver performance for the shift/line.
- Developing team members through training programs and timely coaching and feedback
- Modeling and promoting behaviors to drive a culture of safety and quality compliance.
- Driving operational efficiencies and understanding performance based on key metrics.
- Promoting a continuous improvement culture using problem-solving skills
- Managing expenses, including labor and overtime costs
- Modeling and promoting accountability to our compliance standards including FDA, OSHA and Abbott policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science, food technology or engineering OR two years’ supervisory experience in a regulated industry with a GED/High School diploma
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Knowledge of project planning tools and experience using them
- Proven plant financial understanding
- Experience working with and implementing Continuous Improvement tools & methodologies.
- Previous experience working in a regulated manufacturing work environment.
- Experience utilizing project planning and execution tools
- Green Belt Certification but not required
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity and Military/Veteran friendly Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $56,700.00 – $113,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- quality compliance
- continuous improvement
- food technology
- continuous improvement culture
- green belt
- verbal and written communication
- compliance standards
- plant financial understanding
- project planning
- key metrics
- project planning tools
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.