Production Cleaning Supervisor-Night Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Casa Grande, AZ, US
40 hours per week
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Casa Grande, Ariz., is one of Abbott’s leading nutrition manufacturing plants in the U.S., reflecting our commitment to innovation and excellence. But we’re more than just a company, we’re a family. Working here you’ll be part of a family that works together to make a difference and enhance the lives of millions worldwide.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- Vacation – 3 weeks of accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 personal days + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
- A stable company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities.
Please note: This is a 12-hour night shift position from 6:00 pm to 6:30 am and allows you to have every other weekend off.
Week 1 Mon - OFF, Tues - OFF, Wed - 12 hours, Thurs - 12 hours, Fri - OFF, Sat - OFF, Sun - OFF
Week 2 Mon - 12 hours, Tues - 12 hours, Wed - OFF, Thurs - OFF, Fri - 12 hours, Sat - 12 hours, Sun - 12 hours
Week 3 Mon - OFF, Tues - OFF, Wed - 12 hours, Thurs - 12 hours, Fri - OFF, Sat - OFF, Sun – OFF
Week 4 Mon - 12 hours, Tues - 12 hours, Wed - OFF, Thurs - OFF, Fri - 12 hours, Sat - 12 hours, Sun - 12 hours
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Production Cleaning Supervisor is responsible for the activities and resources within the Sanitation area to ensure support is provided to meet the department and company goals. Leads the team of Sanitation Specialists who perform the cleaning processes.
- Responsible for the overall results for a single shift of a manufacturing Sanitation area. Coordinate activities for the shift team to ensure delivery of all key performance metrics including those in EHS, Quality, Finance, Productivity and People.
- Lead to triage any event related to sanitation intervention (leak- powder or liquid)
- Complete risk assessments
- Verify compliance of any contract work going on in their area.
- Final review / approval to resume production after a non-routine intervention
- Communication with EMP program / support facilitation when swabs are pulled
- GMP walk through audits for compliance and improvement opportunities
- Conduct RCA's as needed with cross functional teams
- Author work order as required for maintenance support and addressing sanitation related equipment needs.
- Lead efforts required delivering quality and compliance performance for the shift/area of accountability. Initiate, manage, and make decisions which impact product quality.
- Drive a culture of engagement through the team and department. Directly supervises team and participates in staffing activities. Develop all line personnel by securing appropriate training, providing mentoring and assigning progressively challenging stretch responsibilities within the scope of the team and department accountabilities.
- Manage budget accountability for Headcount, Overtime, and direct expenses for a shift and/or line. Track, trend and continuously improve budgetary performance for direct expenses, headcount, overtime (OT), Material Usage Variance (MUV) and Scrap and Cost Improvement Projects (CIP).
- Understand performance drivers and develop and execute plans around improvement of line performance and quality metrics with support from the direct manager. Understand all key performance indicators, driving and executing plans for improvement through team engagement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science, food technology, engineering or 2+ years of experience in a regulated industry, with preference being for food, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, cosmetics, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Previous project management experience
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $56,700.00 – $113,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- food technology
- product quality
- quality metrics
- key performance indicators
- performance metrics
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.