Product Manager – Vascular (Mississauga, ON) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Mississauga, ON, Canada
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
WORKING AT ABBOTT
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You will have access to:
• Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
• A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
• A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out from our Mississauga office in the Vascular division. Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive, and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Develop and execute, with commercial support, an integrated strategic planning for marketing, training, demand generation and sales promotion, implementing action plans and monitoring results in the Coronary market with a focus on revenue results and achieving division’s objectives;
• Understand the dynamics of the Coronary market. Specifically, maintain an up-to-date knowledge of Abbott Company (Core Coronary, PCI Optimization and Vessel Modification) technology, competitive products and customer requirements to enable the effective promotion of Abbott product advantage;
• Maintain and update market data on a quarterly basis; develop and document market information, highlighting key trends and track market share;
• Develop and execute marketing programs for the effective promotion of the Coronary product lines. This includes product launch plans, product specific sales incentive plans when required as well as market share growth programs;
• Work close to the Sales Clinical Specialist, Key Account Managers, and customers by providing direct product and marketing expertise and coordinating key national programs;
• Encourage cross-divisional collaboration and teamwork to contribute to the One Abbott target achievements;
• Work pro-actively with CALA (Canada & Latin-America) marketing and product teams to develop and execute Canadian business strategy and help meet Abbott Global objectives and goals;
• Collaborate with the Clinical department on product registries, new technology assessments and product clinical trials as well as to ensure customer initiated clinical studies and initiatives are processed through the correct channels;
• Review and prioritize product plan with regulatory and complete sales forecasts. Assist in inventory planning and customer service to integrate new products and manage substitutions;
• Gain knowledge of market dynamics in terms of provincial health care funding and reimbursement in the Cardiac space;
• Maintain knowledge of local market opportunities and threats including competitors' offerings;
• Contribute towards the strategic plan and operating plan processes (LBEs, Sales Quota, Pricing);
• Provide marketing and sales management with market trends, competitive data, emerging Abbott technology and programs, and relevant market analyses to help define business goals;
• Establish and recommend marketing goals and key deliverable which support revenue and market share growth;
• Work regularly with sales management to communicate and adapts marketing objectives, plans and programs (QPA – Quarterly Plan of Action) to evolving business requirements and to optimize sales generation and profitability. Assisting in RFP's (Request for Proposal/Pricing), tender or similar, when needed;
• Conduct product overviews for commercial teams;
• Work with Sales Clinical Specialist to conduct product overviews for physician;
• Drive market development activities through establishment of best practices and development of tools to raise awareness of the benefits of assigned product(s)/product lines;
• Build strong relationships and networking with key stakeholders and opinion leaders nationally (HCPs and Key admin decision makers in the Health System);
• Perform other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned;
• Coordinate with Commercial the development and presentation of the annual Business Plan, a strategic planning process which provides an organized and standardized path to propose business plans and track results;
• Strong knowledge in how to generate value through digital tools.
• This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
• When tasks and responsibilities are assigned outside the scope of normal duties, the employee must understand the level of decision making for which he/she is responsible and if in doubt clarify this with his/her supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree;
• 3-5 years of relevant experience in a similar role;
• 1-5 years marketing experience;
• Experience working with strategic product planning and commercial execution;
• Developed leadership skills/experience;
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills for teamwork and collaborative work;
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment;
• Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment;
• Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects ;
• Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization;
• Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner;
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail;
• Strong numeric analysis skills;
• Commercial knowledge of medical device industry;
• Knowledge of the Canadian Health Care system;
• Experience in development programs for HCPs and other stakeholders;
• Some experience on influencing and/or changing stakeholder’s habit.
• Experience working with Medical Devices;
• Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
- product planning
- commercial support
- market development
- commercial knowledge
- sales promotion
- business strategy
- national programs
- business plan
- market information
- demand generation
- interpersonal relationship
- broader enterprise
- marketing programs
- sales management
- market dynamics
- sales incentive plans
- strategic planning
- strategic planning process
- product launch plans,
- request for proposal
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.