Principal Process Engineer - Columbus, OH or Abbott Park, IL or Sturgis, MI Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Columbus, OH, US
Yes, 50 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
The project manager will be responsible for leading large projects from scope development through project closure while interfacing with AN Cross Divisions PPMO, Quality, Engineering, Site Leadership and Abbott Corporate GES and AQR. The project manager will interface with business leaders to provide project status updates on schedule milestones, risks, budgets, and resources.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Safe, clean, and functional work environments where you can perform to the best of your ability
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives, and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness, and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
- Flexible working options
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Use established project management tools and techniques (Project Charter, Scheduling, Cash Flow Projections, Scope / Schedule Control, etc.) to manage projects.
- Develop multiple scopes for a program to evaluate and determine which is the best option for the business. Supports development of project strategy to align and achieve key customer business objectives. Contributes to the development of long-term business and organizational strategies.
- Develops project plan documenting the actions necessary to define, prepare, integrate and coordinate all subsidiary plans. Defines roles and responsibilities.
- Close the project by finalizing all activities across all the Project Management Process Groups to formally complete the project or phase.
- Monitors and controls project work to meet the performance objectives defined in the project plan. Focuses on cost and milestone achievement to optimize resource utilization.
- Anticipates and identifies areas of risk and mitigates risks through early risk assessments and implementation of fallback / mitigation strategies.
- Anticipates and resolves problems and crisis situations requiring fast, astute decisions with rapid implementation by utilizing technical training and / or experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science. MBA Preferred.
- 10+ years of significant project management experience. A post-graduate education / degree is desired, and may contribute towards the desired years of experience.
- A career history marked by a consistent series of contributions and accomplishments. Proven track record of managing projects to completion, using extensive external resources.
- Demonstrated excellence in breadth and depth of knowledge within project management.
- Listens to and understands others’ points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one’s own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
- A technical background in health care, nutritional products, laboratory diagnostics, medical devices, pharmaceutical, or similar industries (preferred).
- Demonstrated competency with financial systems and in fiscal control. Project accounting experience.
- Understanding and management of procurement & contracting processes.
- Travel: Primarily Domestic 50%
- Location: Columbus, OH; Chicago, IL or Sturgis, MI
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
The base pay for this position is $102,700.00 – $205,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- project strategy
- project management experience
- project charter
- project management tools
- project management
- technical background
- manage projects
- managing projects
- resource utilization
- technical training
- laboratory diagnostics
- rapid implementation
- mitigation strategies
- nutritional products
- schedule control
- financial systems
- project accounting
- project management process
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.