Principal Process Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Bowling Green, OH, US
Yes, 25 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Safe, clean, and functional work environments where you can perform to the best of your ability
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives, and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness, and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
- Flexible working options
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Principal Process Engineer, you will:
- Provide technical leadership on design, development, implementation, optimization, and validation of processing equipment
- Lead the technical execution of multiple concurrent medium- to large-size capital projects for Abbott nutrition plants in the North America region
- Work to develop provisional scope, design, manufacturability, cost, capital, risk and schedule considerations while collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Develop, modify, and evaluate Process Flow Diagrams, P&IDs, Mass/Energy balance sheets and other engineering and design documents with respect to accuracy, precision, and reliability
- Review equipment and instrument specifications, construction drawings, plant layout, plant 3D model, vendor proposals and provide feedback on needed changes
- Provide technical support to North America Abbott plants, including existing system issues as well as design improvements/new designs as part of continuous improvement, and act as a technical influencer to senior leadership and stakeholders for business initiatives
- 30% travel is expected as part of the role
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Preferably Chemical or Mechanical engineering)
- Must bring at least 1 year of process engineering experience in an FDA regulated manufacturing facility, preferably in bulk liquid processing, aseptic processing, CIP, evaporation, spray drying, dry blending, and powder handling unit operations in the food/pharma/nutrition industries.
- 8+ years’ experience, applying engineering knowledge, problem solving, and ingenuity to complete assignments related to process/manufacturing systems.
- Demonstrated technical expertise, preferably with bulk liquid processing, aseptic processing, CIP, evaporation, spray drying, dry blending, and powder handling unit operations in the food/pharma/nutrition industries.
- Experience in managing engineering firms, suppliers, and contractors
- Experience in validated processes and systems in a FDA/USDA regulated facility
- Experience in project management including budget and scope management
- Systems troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis experience
- Strong communication skills including managing internal/external stakeholders at multiple levels
- Mentoring others and willing to share information and accept candid feedback and guidance.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
The base pay for this position is $90,700.00 – $181,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- Process Engineering
- Manufacturing Systems
- Mechanical Engineering
- Project Management
- Capital Projects
- Scope Management
- Continuous Improvement
- Problem Solving
- Technical Leadership
- Plant Layout
- Technical Support
- Root Cause Analysis
- Processing Equipment
- Construction Drawings
- Process Flow Diagrams
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.