Principal Clinical Specialist (Sacramento, CA) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Sacramento, CA, US
Customer & Technical Support
Yes, 50 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO.
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution.
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
In Abbott’s Electrophysiology (EP) business, we’re advancing the treatment of heart disease through breakthrough medical technologies in atrial fibrillation, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
What You’ll Work On
Working under limited supervision, provides advanced engineering, sales, educational and technical support in response to more complex field inquiries from physicians, health care professionals, patients, and field sales staff, involving EP products. Performs work that involves a high degree of independence and will be perceived as a proven leader/mentor in the region. Identifies and routinely uses the most effective, cost efficient and best business practices to execute processes; continually evaluates their effectiveness and appropriateness. Exercises independent judgment in planning, organizing and performing work; monitors performance and reports status to manager. Technical proficiencies and performance are at the highest level of all Clinical Specialists in the region.
- Acts as the most senior clinical interface between the medical community and business.
- Demonstrates ability to build and sustain credible business relationships with customers and shares product expertise accordingly.
- Identifies reports and advises of customer needs, product performance and potential sales opportunities to sales representatives / directors and/or management to influence sales growth and service of accounts.
- Provides engineering, sales, education and clinical support in response to the most complex field inquiries on a 24-hour, on-call basis. Demonstrates a thorough command of all EP products, related product and technical knowledge, trends and players.
- Develops, leads and/or facilitates trainings and other programs on EP products to healthcare professionals
- Provides insight, guidance, and feedback to management on market feedback and components of next generation of products
- Provides regional EP implant case coverage to defined accounts, and the accounts typically have EP share higher than national average.
- Provides additional back-up support to EP Sales Representatives in the following areas:
- Sales support;
- Regional training seminars;
- Clinical studies/data collection;
- Trouble Shooting; and,
- New product in-service training to physicians, nurses and sales representatives.
- Mentors and provides leadership to EP clinical support roles.
- Continuously develops engineering, sales and technical skills relative to the overall Arrhythmia Management strategy, including learning opportunities via Sr. Sales personnel and management.
- Assists Training and Education departments with advanced educational seminars, and the preparation of educational materials.
- Assists Sales with advanced product demonstrations to visiting physicians and sales personnel.
- Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise, regulatory requirements, and a good working knowledge of company and competitor products, markets, and objectives as well as industry trends.
- Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence.
- Performs related functions and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- Minimum of 6 years of clinical experience (internal or external).
- Prior industry/competitive experience, if external.
- Solely dedicated to EP.
- Must be in Sr. EP CS role for 2 years.
- 1 of last 2 performance ratings must be exceeds expectations.
- IBHRE EP certified.
- Ability to perform the most complex EP cases solo.
- Ability to mentor and train EP CS roles and CA CS roles on complex mapping cases.
- Ability to conduct complex customer education events to sell the value proposition of the full ABT portfolio.
- Revenue/case higher than national average.
- Performs in top 1/2 of number of cases completed across clinical group at time of promotion in defined Region/Area.
- Verification that you will satisfy all vendor credentialing requirements, which may include vaccination for COVID-19. If you require a medical or religious accommodation from these requirements or if you would like to understand more about these requirements, please advise HR so that we can provide additional information and if needed, we can explore any needed accommodation(s).
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $80,700.00 – $161,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- technical support
- clinical experience
- technical knowledge
- data collection
- customer education
- sales support
- field sales
- value proposition
- sales growth
- management strategy
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.