Primary Care Representative – Nutrition (Hamilton, Burlington & Niagara - Field-Based) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Yes, 50 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
WORKING AT ABBOTT
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You will have access to:
• Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
• A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
• A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out remotely from Hamilton, Burlington & Niagara and the surrounding areas in the Nutrition division. Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, and Glucerna® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Under the supervision and coaching of the Regional Sales Manager (RSM), the Primary Care Representative is responsible for creating demand for Abbott Nutrition products and will be considered a strong team player despite working autonomously most of the time.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Be responsible for sampling and detailing adult and pediatric products to community based HCP (GP’s, RN’s, RD’s);
• Play a key role in ensuring customers are well-stocked with Abbott Nutrition samples and materials and that the customers understand how to use them;
• Have strong interpersonal skills and show an aptitude for quickly developing relationships and gaining access to customers. They will be adaptable from a scheduling perspective and be prepared to do what it takes to drive business objectives according to customer needs and availability;
• Possess strong territory management skills and will be expected to maintain records of sampling and selling activities in real time (use of Salesforce.com, pre-post call entries, maintenance of key HCP list, etc.);
• Write their territory business plan and ensure proper analysis of territory KPI’s while effectively using dashboards to analyze progress and determine next steps.
• Bachelor’s degree required in business, marketing or science – background in nutrition an asset.
• 1-3 years' experience in sales. This level normally corresponds to the requirements of an entry-level job that allows the employee to develop his skills in terms of various techniques and approaches to acquire practical experience for various aspects of the job.
• Candidates must live within the vicinity of the territory.
• This position requires extensive driving of a corporate car (supplied by Abbott) and maintenance of a valid driver’s license at all times.
• Must be able to lift, carry and manage car stock and sample delivery to customers.
• Job requires daily use of basic computer software like MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as Outlook and Salesforce.com.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
- territory management
- computer software
- business plan
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.