Powder Filling Operator Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Casa Grande, AZ, US
40 hours per week
Casa Grande, Ariz., is one of Abbott’s leading nutrition manufacturing plants in the U.S., reflecting our commitment to innovation and excellence. But we’re more than just a company, we’re a family. Working here you’ll be part of a family that works together to make a difference and enhance the lives of millions worldwide.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- Vacation – 3 weeks of accrued vacation (1st year is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 personal days + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
- A stable company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Perform the general activities pertinent to the department by having a working knowledge of equipment and procedures pertaining to the function assigned.
Responsible for the operation and daily maintenance of packaging equipment, line support, in-process testing, documentation, completing work orders, material inventory tracking and area sanitation.
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
Labelers/Over cappers - Ensure proper operation of labelers and over cappers; ensure correct labels and over caps for product being filled are used; ensure daily maintenance of labeler and over capper; changeover of equipment and track work for various can sizes; routine PM’s for equipment; pull samples as required.
Hand and Auto Packers/Palletizer Tray/Shrink wrapper. Auto or hand case packing/tray wrapping and pallet stacking of all products; ensure proper operation of equipment; changeover of equipment for various can sizes; routine PM’s on equipment; perform outgoing inspection per work order requirement; stretch wrap finished pallets and supply lid feed system.
Line Support; Forklift Operation - Ensure adequate line supplies of products and materials; staging and removal of pallets
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
High School Diploma / GED
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity, Military/Veteran Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $18.07 – $36.13 per hour. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- quality system
- in-process testing
- forklift operation
Sorry, this job is closed.
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.