Operator II Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Diego, CA, US
40 hours per week
San Diego, CA
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
The position of Operator II is within our Cardio-Metabolic Business Unit located in San Diego, California. This role is responsible for a variety of assembly and non-assembly functions in support of manufacturing goals. This position is responsible for following all GMP’s, safety, manufacturing, and quality system procedures directly related to the manufacturing process and filling out the required supporting documentation associated with the products produced.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Performs manual assembly and/or operates semi-automatic equipment in accordance with established manufacturing procedures (Work Instructions and Manufacturing Record Procedures).
- Responsible for making both written and computational entries on Manufacturing documents in accordance with Quality system documentation standards.
- Responsible for performing documented area clearance setup checks on equipment/areas intended for the manufactured products in accordance with established Manufacturing and Quality procedures.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
- Demonstrates commitment to the development, implementation, and effectiveness of Abbott Quality Management System per ISO, FDA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job. Has awareness of device defects that may occur in their area of responsibility, including product design, verification, and validation, manufacturing, and testing activities.
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies.
- Other duties as assigned, according to the changing needs of the business
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- A high school diploma or GED required
- Good standing prior work experience in a structured environment requiring attendance, punctuality, and adherence to policies/procedures.
- Basic computer experience (Login, Password retention, Navigation)
- Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word)
- Prior experience in FDA-regulated medical device manufacturing (Documentation practices, Area Clearance, Adherences to Manufacturing/Quality procedures).
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $14.33 – $28.67 per hour. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- quality procedures
- medical device manufacturing
- manufacturing process
- quality system documentation
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.