New Product Innovation Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Columbus, OH, US
Yes, 10 % of the Time
40 hours per week
A Columbus based Process Engineering position within the AN Divisional Engineering Organization. This position applies Process Engineering skills to support bringing new innovations from the design phase through scale-up and launch.
- The primary function is to support the process innovation team and lead scale-up and delivery of new innovations for the Abbott Nutrition portfolio
- A person in this position must be able to work independently on projects as they progress through a stage-gate process from upstream design through commercialization
- Collaborate closely with PR&D, quality, and plant resources to scale-up new innovations and ensure seamless delivery through and after new product launches
- Support product Root Cause Analysis activities requiring Division support
- Support ANSC manufacturing sites in exploring opportunities to proactively optimize current processes
Product & Process formats:
- Liquids and Powders
- Wet Batching, Aseptic and Retort Processing/filling, Evaporation, Drying, Dry Blending
Be assigned as the process innovation lead on selected projects Provide effective communication through verbal and written reports, timely weekly updates, and knowledge sharing. Troubleshooting and root cause analysis for current process challenges Balancing multiple priorities in a fast-paced innovation environment
- Desired 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- Background in / knowledge of functional ingredient manufacturing processes (e.g. proteins, emulsifiers, flavors) and experience related to food science is advantageous.
- Manufacturing Plant, Laboratory, and Pilot Plant/Scale-up experience is an advantage.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to interface with cross-functional teams.
- Disciplined and adaptable to work on a variety of projects while effectively balancing priorities
- Ability to effectively apply standard engineering principles to interpret, summarize, and draw conclusions
- Able to proactively identify risks and troubleshoot complex issues using experience coupled with tools such as FMEA and DOE
- Knowledge of FDA requirements for food manufacturing is a plus
Preferred computer skills include MS Office applications, OSI PI Processbook, Qualtrend, LIMS, Minitab or equivalent.
Education Requirements – B.S. in Engineering. BS in other related sciences considered (i.e. Food Science, Chemistry)
Location: Easton Square, Columbus, US
Travel: Primarily Domestic 10-20%
The base pay for this position is $46,700.00 – $93,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- process engineering
- root cause analysis
- work independently
- food science
- food manufacturing
- pi processbook
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.