National Account Manager - Bentonville, AR Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Bentonville, AR, US
Yes, 5 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
The NAM – Walmart Pediatric will act as a thought leader responsible for meeting sales goals and will identify and set the vision and strategy for the business. This role will require strategic development of key customer relationships to deliver against business plans. This role partners heavily with the customer and internal resources across brand marketing, finance, supply chain and category management. The NAM will also drive and influence the appropriate product portfolio to succeed at Walmart. Strong, optimistic communication skills are necessary to manage information relating to competitive intelligence, pricing, assortment, marketing activities and merchandising opportunities/risks, forecast changes and supply chain management.
What You’ll Work On
- Develop and implement business plans to grow business for customers and Abbott attaining sales and spend goals. Must possess a “General Manager” mindset owing every aspect of the business.
- Responsible for overall financial management (Forecasting, Trade Spend, Deductions, Markdowns) including effectively manage trade deals to drive profitable business outcome and positive ROI, item level and topline forecasting both retail and shipments
- Responsible for new item sell-in and product life cycle (item setup, in-store placement, sell-through, forecasting, in-stock, pricing)
- Build cross functional relationships with brand, sales strategy, and marketing teams to implement strategic growth plans that drive results in store and online
- Identify and develop new business opportunities which results in the achievement of increased revenue and profitability across Walmart departments
- Develop and implement annual key account business plans; maintain and develop customer relationships and clear communication across functions, business units and regions
- Prepare plans, negotiation acceptance to customers and develop incremental business opportunities while becoming a consultant on negotiation and business plans to the business unit.
- Collaborate with the customer, internal sales, & marketing functions for development of promotional strategies, special products, new item co-creations, and to execute brand strategies
- Work with the Associate NAM and Shopper Marketing Manager to own the digital shelf of assigned business with best-in-class content and ROI based media investments
- Work with Retail Operations to create retail priorities that align with business goals and objectives.
- Work closely with analytical and replenishment support team to analyze business performance to drive incremental growth opportunities and deliver KPIs
- Utilize syndicated data, customer sales data and category management studies to provide fact-based analysis and deliver short and long-term business building initiatives.
- Conduct internal and external business reviews to measure, evaluate and present sales performance of the channel
- Complete competitive market assessments understand distribution opportunities and create unique customer connections within the channel.
- Interact with senior management on strategy updates
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management or related field required
- 4+ years of direct sales experience within the consumer product goods industry with increasing account responsibility
- Advanced knowledge of sales acumen, trade, category management and marketing concepts / methods
- Demonstrated ability to execute sales marketing strategies and tactics, as well as assist in the development of strategies
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong interpersonal / leadership skills
- Ability to analyze market trends to effectively develop presentations, provide recommendations and business forecasting
- Initiative to identify growth drivers and then secure resources to support execution
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Nielsen
- Strong negotiation, presentation and communication abilities; ability to maintain presence with Sr. Leadership
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with ability to identify whitespace growth opportunities
- Strong strategic thinking skills and highly collaborative across multiple support groups
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $90,700.00 – $181,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- sales strategy
- shopper marketing
- sales marketing
- category management
- direct sales
- sales acumen
- marketing activities
- strategic growth
- senior management
- financial management
- strategic development
- brand marketing
- cross functional
- business reviews
- business building
- market assessments
- business forecasting
- meeting sales goals
- syndicated data
- marketing concepts
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.