Manufacturing Operator - Processing (2nd Shift) Sturgis, MI Plant Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Sturgis, MI, US
40 hours per week
Abbott’s Nutrition Division develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
For over 70 years, Abbott’s Sturgis, Mich., has been impacting its community while producing products that provide essential nutrition to millions of families around the world. Working here, you’ll feel part of a family that is dedicated to making a difference and helping others.
WORKING AT ABBOTT
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Fast paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Vacation – 3 weeks accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 personal days + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match of 5%
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
What You’ll Work On
- This is an entry level position is for our Processing department.
- Responsible for the manufacturing of liquid adult, pediatric, and medical nutritional products. Including lifting and physical handling of raw ingredients during the weighing, staging and manufacturing processes, operation of scales, portable pumps, container rinsers, homogenizers, dry blending, and any other related processing equipment
- Learn and perform hand cleaning, clean-in-place (CIP), heat treatment systems, cleaning-out-of-place (COP), routine housekeeping, and other cleaning and sanitization tasks as assigned by leadership
- Interact with computer systems that are integrated into the manufacturing process along with word order documentation of the manufacturing steps
- Preparation/operation/monitoring/documentation of bulk slurries for blending operations, heat treatment processes, controlled weigh system of batch ingredients, and any other applicable systems and documents that are required to operate these systems
- Operation/monitoring/documentation of a computer-controlled clean-in-place (CIP) system utilized for manufacturing equipment (i.e. tanks, heat treatment system, vessels, etc.)
- Receive and unloading of bulk raw ingredients and CIP chemicals and material movements/staging of ingredients with a powdered industrial forklift
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment breakdowns
You’ll be accountable for meeting our compliance standards including FDA, OSHA, SQF, along with any other applicable compliance standards as well as following all applicable Abbott policies and procedures.
Pay and Shift
The hourly pay for this position is $22.50 and this is for 2nd Shift.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to continuously lift up to 50lbs throughout the shift
- At least 6 months of food manufacturing experience
- Mechanical aptitude, solid problem-solving skills and high attention to detail
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity and a Military/Veteran Friendly employer.
The base pay for this position is $18.07 – $36.13 per hour. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- food manufacturing
- manufacturing processes
- manufacturing process
- processing equipment
- mechanical aptitude
- heat treatment
- high attention to detail
- ability to troubleshoot
- dry blending
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.