Manufacturing Operator - Dryer, Sturgis, MI Plant (Night Shift) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Kalamazoo, MI, US
40 hours per week
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
For over 70 years, Abbott’s Sturgis, Mich., has been impacting its community while producing products that provide essential nutrition to millions of families around the world. Working here, you’ll feel part of a family that is dedicated to making a difference and helping others.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- Vacation – 3 weeks of accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 personal days + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
- A stable company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
We are looking for an entry level Manufacturing Operator to help run our Dryer.
Please note: This is a 3rd shift position 6pm-630am night shift
Weekend shift would be considered overtime. Weekend coverage would be voluntary first before made mandatory and based on plant needs.
Training will be during day shift hours from 6:00 am to 6:30 pm
WHAT YOU'LL DO
This is an entry level position is for our Dryer department. Our dryer equipment converts liquid product into dried powder forms, primarily infant formula. Quality is maintained via equipment that monitors drying parameters as well as employees visually inspecting the equipment to ensure efficient operations. The operators will also be responsible for the cleaning of the equipment via our CIP (Clean in Place) system.
This entry level position allows new operators to become familiar with plant procedures and policies, which enable them to learn the basics of their assigned dryer. The operator will learn the operation of the Dryer and CIP (clean in place) Systems and will assist the dryer technicians and specialists with more complex systems. This will facilitate their development towards positions of increasing responsibility. Operators will gain operational knowledge and applicable tasks of evaporating batches, product sterilization, drying product, weighing and adding vitamins, add up corrections, troubleshooting and CIP of equipment. Will need to learn and follow all GMP and safety guidelines, to stay in compliance with OSHA and FDA regulations.
Fluid bed operation
Weighing/adding minerals and vitamins
Assisting dryer technicians' w/production and CIP
Housekeeping tasks/sanitation procedures
Assembly/disassembly of various powder transport systems
Evaporator system operation and CIP (clean in place)
Injector system operation and CIP
Dryer system operation and CIP
Fines reinjection system and CIP
Powder handling systems (transporters to hopper)
Giving direction and assistance to operators
High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
At least 6 months to 1 year of manufacturing experience
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity and a Military/Veteran Friendly employer.
The base pay for this position is $18.07 – $36.13 per hour. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- powder handling
- dryer system operation
- fluid bed operation
- injector system operation
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.