Maintenance Training Specialist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fairfield, CA, US
Yes, 20 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Abbott’s Nutrition Division develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
WORKING AT ABBOTT
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Fast paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Vacation – 3 weeks accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 personal days + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match of 5%
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
This role will ensure that Maintenance personnel are skilled to align with job responsibilities. This role will develop Maintenance training solutions to address key business needs or initiatives and assist the manufacturing plants in developing and maintaining training program requirements. This role will provide subject matter expertise for the development and execution of Maintenance training courses. Support development and program launch to applicable manufacturing sites and provide ongoing support of the program. This position could reside at any one of the Abbott Nutrition plants in the U.S.
What You’ll Work On
- Provide Maintenance training support to the Abbott Nutrition manufacturing sites across North America (Altavista, VA; Casa Grande, AZ; Columbus, OH; Fairfield, CA; Sturgis, MI; Tipp City, OH).
- Work with Maintenance Training Program Manager to implement training strategies and solutions to support key business initiatives and long-range plan.
- Partner with site-level Maintenance training teams to conduct training needs assessments and gap analysis. Work with sites to identify training priorities and create the gap closure plan with milestones and due dates.
- Work closely with site and/or division Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to design and develop Maintenance training courses, manage training development and implementation timelines.
- Design, develop and instruct identified Maintenance-related training courses spanning from entry-level to advanced including, but not limited to: Calibration, Electrical, Drives, PLC, Hydraulics & Pneumatics, Pumps, Mechanisms, Valves, and others as identified.
- Identification of training metrics that demonstrate the effectiveness of Maintenance training.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Site Maintenance training resources to ensure training goals are accomplished. Conduct identified Maintenance related training as needed and will train others (conduct “Train-the-Trainer”) if applicable to ensure employees are qualified to deliver approved training courses.
- Work closely with Maintenance Training Program Manager and plant Maintenance Management to ensure the training program is compliant, effective, and consistent across the manufacturing plants.
- Involved in new equipment / technology to reduce learning curve.
- Travel to other locations to conduct classes and assessments. (ability to travel approximately 20%).
This position is primarily for 1st Shift but there could be some off-shift requirements.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Industrial Engineering or a closely related discipline desired or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 5 years training delivery operations required
- Minimum 5 years experience in Industrial Maintenance supporting manufacturing processes
- Proficient in MS Office software suite
- A strong understanding of a food manufacturing environment is preferred
- Subject Matter Expert knowledge of industrial mechanical and electrical principles is preferred
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity and a Military/Veteran Friendly employer.
The base pay for this position is $71,300.00 – $142,700.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- training delivery
- gap analysis
- industrial maintenance
- industrial engineering
- ms office software suite
- plant maintenance
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.