Logistics Analyst Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Lake Forest, IL, US
Yes, 5 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Lake Forest IL, location at the ARDx Division Headquarters.
The Logistics Analyst role in the ARDx will be someone skilled at working cross-functionally, who examines transportation data, execution, and reporting of this data to both ARDx leadership but also internal Business Unit team members. The primary job is to analyze, determine and report the most cost-effective methods for transporting goods without sacrificing customer satisfaction, efficiency, and timeliness.
As a global leader in Rapid Diagnostics, Abbott is constantly working to deliver the highest quality products and unwavering support to our customers. , We’re committed to continuous improvement in the way patients and professionals measure our performance.
As a Logistics Analyst, you are joining our Rapid Diagnostics Division team that’s leading and transforming our Distribution, Logistics and Transportation processes. You’ll focus on enhancing and maintaining our Transportation reporting, Analysis, and tools including SAP, Excel, Power BI, and SharePoint. The ideal candidate will work to ensure the systems are producing good results that help drive faster and more informed decisions by the business. This includes working with Corporate & Divisional cross functional teams to deliver on both projects and operation requests.
What You’ll Work On
- Expert on all SAP functions, legacy functions, and downstream effects on data gathering and reporting.
- Act as customer representative Analyzing all phases of freight payment system, rate audit and third-party freight payment company.
- Maintaining customer shipping requirements including system parameters, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure any billing issues that affect the overall budget for ARDx is reported and escalated to management.
- Review and resolve data discrepancies on freight charges and ensure invoices are reviewed and released in a timely manner for payment.
- Participate in activities between cross-function and regional business teams and SMEs, and technical teams to gain understanding of opportunities on Gross Margin Initiatives and communicate possible savings in the process.
- Analyze and evaluate requirements to optimize solutions that best leverage existing data reporting and tools.
- Effectively manage supply chain partners by communicating Abbott’s needs/expectations to freight forwarders and transportation service providers to ensure service levels are met.
- Conduct review and analyses of multiple internal and external reports to drive process improvement.
- Analyze and present to all levels of management alternative transportation opportunities to enhance global logistics providers performance and reduce transportation expenses.
- Provide administrative support to determine controls with transportation providers to ensure proper shipment and container pool requirements to support multiple site logistics network.
- This position will help drive a culture of data effectiveness in the organization by creating best practices for using data to drive business outcomes and implementing them across the division.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3 years of business experience in an analytical role preferably in supply chain or logistics
- Comfortable taking loosely defined business questions and translating them into clearly defined technical/data/report specifications.
- Solid SAP, Excel, Power BI, and Cognos skills
- Basic understanding of transportation, warehousing, supply-chain execution software and third-party logistics.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple changing priorities through timely completion as well as handling projects of various sizes and multi-task workload.
- Possess excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, proven analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Functional knowledge of end-to-end Transportation processes.
The base pay for this position is $56,700.00 – $113,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- site logistics
- sap functions
- medical devices
- process improvement
- organizational skills
- data gathering
- technical teams
- supply chain
- communication skills
- data reporting
- customer satisfaction
- global logistics
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.