Lab Manager, Analytical / Incoming Labs - Sturgis, MI Plant Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Sturgis, MI, US
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
For over 70 years, Abbott’s Sturgis, Mich., has been impacting its community while producing products that provide essential nutrition to millions of families around the world. Working here, you’ll feel part of a family that is dedicated to making a difference and helping others.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- Vacation – 3 weeks of accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 personal days + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
- A stable company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
WHAT YOU'LL DO
An Analytical Lab Manager is responsible for and is an active leader in ensuring major objectives are met such as assuring regulatory compliance, meeting production schedules, creating and maintaining a high level of employee relations, satisfying all customer service needs, and ensuring budgetary and financial goals are met. An excellent understanding of the manufacture of products is required, as well as expert knowledge of the Processing and Analytical areas.
- Chemical and physical testing of ingredients, in-process, finished product and various environment/utility tests.
- Corrective action/preventive action (CAPA) for recurring deviations.
- Laboratory method and document review.
- Continuous improvement of laboratory efficiency and productivity.
- Training and managing of supervisors, team leaders and chemists in the analytical laboratory.
- Managing the department budget.
- Technical resource for the plant and technical liaison for other business units.
- Management oversight of Analytical Laboratory and Incoming Materials Inspection lab in support of 24/7 manufacturing operations
- Accurate and timely testing of in-process product, finished product and raw material and packaging testing
- Personnel management/development
- Direct Reports: (4) Supervisors
- Indirect Reports: (34) Assistant Chemists
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or closely related area of study
- 2+ years' supervisory / leadership experience
- Master's degree in Chemistry
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and requirements for infant formula and nutrition
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity and Military/Veteran friendly Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $90,700.00 – $181,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- Physical Testing
- Manufacturing Operations
- Technical Liaison
- Regulatory Compliance
- packaging testing
- Regulatory Standards
- Personnel Management
- Employee Relations
- Continuous Improvement
- Continuous Improvement
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.