IT Program Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Abbott Park, IL, US
Yes, 5 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Illinois location in the Business & Technology Services – Legal IT team, supporting Corporate Legal and the Office of Ethics and Compliance (OEC).
As the IT Program Manager, you’ll have the chance to support all technical and IT business process aspects for the Legal operations team, including the transparency reporting function. This includes, but is not limited to, support for the US Sunshine Act reporting as well as OUS transparency reporting. This role drives the legal operations technical strategy and manages the technical projects and solutions reporting including coordinating with integrated systems.
What You’ll Work On
- Support the technology solutions utilized to receive, transform, manage and report on healthcare provider spend data
- Ensure the portfolio enhances organizational strategy and global information management through successful, consistent, and predictable delivery of projects and applications
- Achieve the above by partnering with business units, building an excellent understanding of the business processes, being aware of applicable regulations under which the business units operate, and staying abreast of industry technologies to support those processes
- Must have the ability to perform work in all software lifecycle phases including Process Analysis, Requirements, and Testing
- Collaborate with internal customers to ensure user requirements are complete and concise, confirming that changes and enhancements meet technical specifications and user requirements
- Translate user requirements into detailed business requirements delivered to the development team
- Provide support to existing applications and resolves business and technical problems
- Keep informed of trends and new developments in technology to better advise management of means to accomplish business and information systems goals
- Communicate effectively with management to enhance their understanding of the opportunities and limitations of information systems
- Develop business relationships and integrates activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Manage relationships between the business groups and other IT organizations to assure effective communication between the groups is occurring.
- B.S. in Computer Science, MIS or similar engineering discipline. No advanced degree required.
- 9+ years of IT experience, with 3+ years in global IT Program Management.
- Familiarity with ETL tools like DataStage, queries and databases (SQL, Python, Microsoft Access) and Data Analytics, etc.
- Experience managing technical projects and the software delivery lifecycle process (SDLC)
- Experience in handling projects related to legal operations including the transparency reporting and information management
- Knowledge of data analytics tool such as Qlik and PowerBI is a plus.
- Must be able to manage an assignment from start to completion; must be adept at handling multiple assignments in a timely manner and meeting assigned deadlines. Able to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects
- Ability to use discretion and handle sensitive/confidential information. Demonstrated ability to understand and comply with applicable regulations and Abbott operating procedures, processes, policies, and tasks
- Must possess advanced computer skills including a working familiarity with system management tools and utilities, spreadsheets and document applications, communication tools, and other directly relevant applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence within and across organizations, functions and business areas
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Manage the work of one employee and two contractors
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $102,700.00 – $205,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- program manager
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.