Forensic Scientist Data Review II Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Gretna, LA, US
40 hours per week
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and your family, be your true self, and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- Excellent retirement savings plan with a high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program, and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune. A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as the best place to work for diverse, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
The position of Forensic Scientist Data Review II is within our Toxicology division located at Gretna, LA. In this role, the individual will be responsible for operating a Gas Chromatograph/Mass Spectrometer and LC-MS/MS for confirmatory testing in accordance with the SAMHSA mandatory guidelines and those of other regulatory organizations for all non-negative test results. This job also requires the individual to perform QC duties.
Saturday to Wed
7:00 pm- 3:30 am
What You’ll Work On
- Process regulated samples that fall under SAMHSA/DOT regulations and are subject to interviews during NLCP inspection and/or audits
- Operation of the GC/MS and/or LC-MS/MS instruments
- Perform initial review of data
- Preparation and extraction of samples for GC/MS and LC-MS/MS confirmation as needed
- Operate lab equipment necessary to perform extraction as needed
- Prepare validation samples for new controls, calibrators, and reagents
- Documentation of QC validation results
- Storage of supplies and disposal of empty boxes; as needed
- Adhere to all security procedures for ensuring confidentiality of donor information
- Must comply with company policies
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, or a related science
- Ability to work independently and lead, direct and train a team
- High level of attention to detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
- Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
- Advanced ability to understand certification requirements for SAMHSA, CAP-FUDT, and other regulatory bodies
- Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems is a plus
- Ability to lift and/or move 25 pounds
- Ability to read and comprehend the SOP, Federal (49 CFR Part 40), and CAP-FUDT guidelines
- Ability to communicate with other employees and supervisors
- Ability to provide input and recommendations on operations
- Climate-controlled office and testing laboratory environment
- May be potential exposure to toxic or hazardous materials
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $20.53 – $41.07 per hour. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- laboratory information systems
- medical technology
- security procedures
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.