Food Safety Engineer - Cleaning and Sanitation - Columbus, OH Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Columbus, OH, US
Yes, 25 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Safe, clean, and functional work environments where you can perform to the best of your ability.
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives, and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness, and occupational health programs.
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities.
- Flexible working options
The Capacity Expansion, QA group at Abbott Nutrition is accountable for Ensure Abbott Nutrition’s investments in Capacity, protect our product, people and brands through State-of-the-Art Designs, Technology, Equipment, Facilities, Processes and Controls. The Capacity Expansion, QA group provides trusted Food Safety expertise and is responsible for reducing food safety risks by providing technical support while governing and optimizing policies to ensure Abbott Nutrition effectively produces safe, high-quality products.
The Cleaning and Sanitation Project Leader in Capacity Expansion, QA has the broad objective of reducing food safety risk in the manufacture and distribution of Powdered Infant Formula products at our new Greenfield manufacturing site. The successful incumbent will require the ability to appropriately identify, assess and minimize risks in the manufacturing of products to assure the safety, efficacy, regulatory compliance and customer satisfaction while balancing the need to not impact manufacturing efficiency. In order to meet business unit objectives, this Project Leader will be responsible for assuring the appropriate departments are pulled in as needed to deliver on expected results. As the Cleaning and Sanitation Project Leader for Capacity Expansions, the position will need to provide creative risk mitigation strategies to successfully deliver safe, quality foods in both infant production. Although the Project Leader will work independently, the incumbent will need strong skills to lead cross-functional groups of SMEs and set expectations against key company and department goals while delivering results.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Serve as technical lead for global expansion projects and New Product Development projects with exposure to Senior Leadership.
- Support global expansion risk assessments that provide assessment of issues, risks, schedule and resource requirements for projects.
- Gain knowledge of global AN network by working with Global Food Safety and ad hoc supporting projects both onsite and remotel
- Create innovative food safety designs and assure associated policies comply with applicable Regulations for nutritional products and dietary supplements distributed globally.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Medical Safety, Regulatory Affairs and other areas to establish appropriate preventive control strategies and provide necessary support for implementation.
- Support with internal/external audits and inspections (FDA, ISO22000, Ministry of Health, etc) inquiries associated with food safety.
- Establish and execute policies, procedures, processes and principles to provide robust preventive controls, assure appropriate evaluation during development and provide necessary technical support.
- Collaborate with Division Engineering to design development of innovative preventive controls.
- Serve as technical support to sites to identify issues, investigate and implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Effectively collaborate across all operational, technical and commercial functions at all levels of Division and company owned Plants to assure product food safety requirements are successfully translated into product/process design and specifications.
- Support the impact of quality related food safety criteria on product and operational costs.
- Assure that product food safety is monitored via manufacturing non-conformances and complaints.
- Support the development of the Greenfield Quality System.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science
- A minimum of 8 years or more years’ experience in plant operations or support
- Basic knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and Good Manufacturing Practices as required by the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) or other regulatory bodies as appropriate for nutritional and dietary supplement products is needed.
- The successful incumbent will have demonstrated effective leadership and managerial skills and exhibited sound technical judgment.
- The individual will have experience managing in an environment with changing priorities and making appropriate risk-based decisions in the face of uncertainty. Requirements include excellent written and oral communication skills and proficiency in organizing and presenting complex technical information to upper levels of management.
- The position requires a broad understanding of engineering technical aspects of product/process/package design and manufacture and their impact on quality and food safety.
- The individual must have sufficient technical knowledge and business experience to meaningfully engage and influence technical, commercial and operations functions to ensure food safety design criteria providing necessary safety, efficacy, and regulatory compliance.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $90,700.00 – $181,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- regulatory compliance
- plant operations
- good manufacturing practices
- regulatory affairs
- regulatory standards
- global expansion
- new product development
- code of federal regulations
- oral communication
- technical support
- customer satisfaction
- technical information
- control strategies
- technical aspects
- effective leadership
- delivering results
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.