Field Service Automation Engineer (Iowa City) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Iowa City, IA, US
Customer & Technical Support
Yes, 20 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not an active open requisition. We are building a candidate slate for a future opening.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
The Field Service Engineer Automation is the primary automation account contact covering both technical support and customer experience. The position provides on-going proactive product support for assigned accounts. The customer experience aspect of this role will focus on increasing customer loyalty; securing retention; and driving value expansion at assigned accounts.
- This position is a remote position.
- Qualified candidates must currently live in the Iowa City area.
- Travel up towards to 20%
What You’ll Work On
- Provide technical Level I and Level II phone and on-site support to proactively maintain product performance or resolve customer complaints for hardware; software; and reagent issues. Level I support is defined to a specific set of error codes that could be repaired in less than1.5 hrs. Level II support is defined as any error code excluding Level I that would be resolved in more than 1.5 hrs.
- Perform proactive service support activities to maintain system performance. Apply standard troubleshooting tools or concepts to identify the real issue and its root cause.
- Determine level of urgency of service support requests; develop recommendations and implement solutions that reflect customer and Abbott business need.
- Record accurate and timely documentation of customer complaints and the action taken to resolve the concern.
- Plan and prioritize customer visits and activities to do in each account.
- Prepare; schedule; and execute training events with customers to improve customer self-sufficiency by developing the customer’s ability to troubleshoot/repair analyzers and increase knowledge of component replacement and assays.
- Coordinate order, delivery and billing of products and/or services in assigned accounts. Monitor inventory and replenish accordingly.
- Responsible for Service Contract Sales at assigned accounts.
- Partner with Enterprise Account Manager and/or Sales Executive to develop account-specific lab strategy and execution throughout commercial cycle and participate in customer business reviews.
- Understand competitive landscape of assigned accounts or territory and leverage it to maximize business opportunities. Develop/preserve strong relationships to gain meaningful insights that will allow for value expansion opportunities. Responsible for achieving revenue generation goals in assigned accounts.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
- 2 years of relevant experience with instrumentation utilized in a laboratory environment
- 2 years of experience interfacing with customers.
- Travel 20%
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $31.50 – $63.00 per hour. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- technical support
- service support
- product support
- customer experience
- ability to troubleshoot
- medical devices
- business reviews
- develop recommendations
- resolve customer complaints
- competitive landscape
- customer loyalty
- service contract
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.