Enterprise Project Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Abbott Park, IL, US
Yes, 20 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out remote in the Diagnostics Division.
We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
What You’ll Work On
The Project Manager is responsible for leading diagnostic automation implementation projects. Is the single person responsible and accountable for ensuring that these projects are completed within scope and on-time. They will be leading multiple simultaneous projects at any given time.
- Will work directly with the sales and service teams to create project plans that deliver the agreed upon solution in the desired time frame.
- The PM will serve as the primary point of contact with the customer throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Will develop appropriately detailed, cross-functional, realistic and appropriate timeline that includes resource requirements and management reserve.
- Will actively manage the scope, scope changes, risks and issues for each project that they lead and work with stakeholders to overcome obstacles and mitigate risks.
- Will actively manage their projects in the enterprise management tool and ensure that project records are kept up to date and active.
- Will recommend innovate ways to improve project management processes and performance in the PMO.
- Will work with cross-functional teams to resolve conflicts, manage changes in the project and adjust activities to meet new requirements.
- Will establish routine joint operating mechanisms with Abbott and customers to ensure good communication and alignment.
- Will drive for on-time project execution and customer satisfaction as primary project objectives for each project they lead
- Leads the team through the translation of management and customer needs into project goals.
- Identify resource requirements, cost and time schedules for all Projects.
- Develop an implementation plan, conduct risk assessments, and develop and implement contingency plans to allow for and accommodate unforeseen events and changes in strategy.
- Assure that projects will effectively integrate with existing programs and strategies so that long and short-term business goals are attained.
- Maintain compliance with regulatory agencies, quality system, ethics policy, and project goals.
- Accountable for the successful completion of project tasks on time and within budget.
- Accountable for managing resources (direct and matrix) assigned to project regarding project tasks.
- Includes mentoring and providing feedback within a team.
- Assure project requirements are met.
- May function as the project contact with third party vendors.
- Interface with other disciplines, customers, internal clients, project staff and internal and external experts as required.
- Bachelor degree in a discipline appropriate to the project environment with minimum five years relevant experience, one year of which must be in leadership/project management roles.
- Experience: 5 to 7 years
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting diagnostics
- Negotiate with resource managers to resolve any resource limitations that cannot be resolved by the team.
- Participate on division-initiatives to identify process improvements to accelerate projects.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $90,700.00 – $181,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- project management
- enterprise management tool
- project management processes
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.