Engineer Manufacturing Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Temecula, CA, US
Yes, 5 % of the Time
40 hours per week
For years, Abbott’s medical device businesses have offered technologies that are faster, more effective, and less invasive. Whether it’s glucose monitoring systems, innovative therapies for treating heart disease, or products that help people with chronic pain or movement disorders, our medical device technologies are designed to help people live their lives better and healthier. Every day, our technologies help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ﬁngersticks.
Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease. Our extensive portfolio includes drug-eluting stents, bare metal stents, guide wires, balloon dilatation catheters, imaging catheters and software, vessel closure devices and peripheral stents
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Initiates and completes technical activities leading to new or improved products or process, for current programs, next generation programs and to meet strategic goals and objectives of the company.
- Prepares reports, publishes, and makes presentations to communicate findings.
- Analyzes and solves problems from basic engineering principles, theories and concepts through to a wide range of complex and advanced problems which require novel and new innovative approaches or a major breakthrough in technology.
- Understands engineering principles theories, concepts, practices and techniques. Develops knowledge in a field to become a recognized leader or authority in an area of specialization and applies this knowledge in leadership roles in the company.
- Incorporates business policies and procedures into task completion.
- Understands the business needs of the company, and has knowledge of the customer needs of our business.
- Understands the business cycle and foresight of emerging technologies trends.
- Cultivates internal and external network of resources to complete tasks.
- Serves has a resource in the selection orientation and training of new engineers and employees.
- May lead a project team, determining goals and objectives for the projects.
- Mentors employees by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance.
- Interacts cross functionally and with internal and external customers.
- Serves as a consultant for engineering or scientific interpretations and advice on significant matters.
- Acts as a spokesperson to customers on business unit current and future capabilities.
- Cultivates a wide range of internal networks and begins to develop an extensive external network of resources to facilitate completion of tasks.
- May lead a project team of moderate scope. Provides guidance to less experienced staff. Acts as a mentor to lower level individual contributors.
- Influence exerted at peer level and occasionally at first levels of management.
- Plans, organizes, and prioritizes own daily work routine to meet established schedule.
- Exercises authority and judgment within defined limits to determine appropriate action.
- Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and may result in the allocation of additional resources.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING:
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 2 years related work experience
- Masters Degree (± 18 years)
- 2-5 years of related work experience with a good understanding of specified functional area.
- Working technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices and procedures.
- General understanding of business unit/group function.
- Will perform this job in a quality system environment.
- Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Has a broad knowledge of technical alternatives and an understanding of their impact on the systems environment.
WHAT WE OFFER :
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future.
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $56,700.00 – $113,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- engineering principles
- basic engineering principles
- technical knowledge
- business cycle
- emerging technologies
- task completion
- medical devices
- customer needs
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.