Engineer 1, Tech Services Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Plano, TX, US
40 hours per week
Our Neuromodulation business is an area of expertise for Abbott. This business includes implantable devices compatible with mobile technology to help people who suffer from chronic pain and movement disorders. Our Solutions include Proclaim (TM) XR SCS System, the #1 Spinal cord stimulator on the market, Proclaim (TM) DRG Neurostimulator, the only FDA approved DRG therapy and a market leader in radiofrequency ablation therapy, Abbott RFA. These non-opioid therapies allow us to provide interventional pain therapy to patients throughout the pain continuum. Our deep brain stimulation technology for progressive diseases help people manage their Parkinson’s disease and essential tremor symptoms, steering away from side effects.
Our location in Plano, TX currently has an opportunity for a Engineer I, Tech Specialist. Functioning under general supervision, provides independent clinical and technical support in response to inquiries from physicians, health care professionals, patients and field staff using professional knowledge and judgment. This level of the Technical Service Engineer (TSE) provides the clinical and technical interface between the medical community and various departments through consultation.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Promotes the process of continuous quality improvement and risk management, and coordinates solutions for technical and project issues.
- Provides technical or clinical information to customers in response to inquiries/report from the field.
- Performs product evaluations and testing based on reports from the field.
- Provides clinical and technical support services.
- Provides back-up support to Field Clinical Engineering/Sales Representatives in the areas of sales support (device implants and follow-ups), regional training seminars and troubleshooting.
- Provides and conducts product training to in-house personnel.
- Assists in the presentation of educational material for new product training and in-service seminars to physicians, nurses and sales representatives.
- Reviews product manuals, communiques and memorandum for technical clinical accuracy and content.
- Documents all contacts via an approved tracking system, writing Field Contact Reports for complaints per SMF guidelines.
- Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise, applicable regulatory requirements, and a general knowledge of the company’s products, markets, and objectives as well as industry trends.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- BS Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 2+ years work experience providing medical device industry technical support.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and evaluate technologically complex devices
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication, interpersonal, facilitation, presentation, quantitative, analytical, organizational, and follow-up skills.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects. Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority (Include for Manufacturing roles only)
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled (Include for Manufacturing roles only)
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $46,700.00 – $93,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- quality management systems
- tracking system
- technical support
- continuous quality improvement
- drug administration
- ability to effectively communicate
- radiofrequency ablation therapy
- risk management
- product training
- clinical engineering
Sorry, this job is closed.
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.