Energy Center Operator ($3k Sign-On Bonus; $33/hr; 6:30pm - 6:30am, rotating weekends) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Tipp City, OH, US
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Abbott’s Nutrition Division develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
With state-of-the-art equipment and advanced automation, Abbott’s Tipp City, Ohio, facility was named Food Engineering Magazine’s “2017 Plant of the Year.” Working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 275 that works together to help nourish the world.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Fast paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Vacation – 120 hours accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) + vacation buy program + 24 personal hours + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match of 5%
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
As the night shift Energy Center Operator, you are responsible for providing all utilities for the Tipp City site, including electric, water, steam, compressed air, refrigeration, air conditioning and fire protection. You will operate and perform routine maintenance on Energy Center equipment. The incumbent must be able to perform all duties with minimal or no supervision.
What You’ll Work On
- Implement and maintain the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Operate Energy Center equipment and related control systems; i.e., gas boilers, air compressors, chillers, cooling towers, water treatment systems, fire protection system, and Wastewater Pre-treatment plant
- Perform various chemical tests on steam and water systems such as hardness, conductance, alkalinity, pH, etc. Using the test results, maintains proper control of different steam and water systems to assure efficient Energy Center operation and provide high quality utilities for the site.
- Perform routine maintenance in Energy Center systems and equipment such as boilers, chillers, air compressors, steam systems, water softeners, pumps. and HVAC systems
- Use computer-based BMS system for both utility and HVAC control systems.
Pay and Shift
The hourly pay for this position is $33.00 per hour plus a 5% shift differential. There is a $3,000 sign-on bonus as well. The shift is 6:30pm - 6:30am with rotating weekends.
Schedule Example (ONLY after orientation is complete):
Week 1: Monday: 12 hours, Tuesday: 12 hours, Wednesday: OFF, Thursday: OFF, Friday: 12 hours, Saturday: 12 hours, Sunday: 12 hours
Week 2: Monday: OFF, Tuesday: OFF, Wednesday: 12 hours, Thursday: 12 hours, Friday: OFF, Saturday: OFF, Sunday: OFF
Week 3: Monday: 12 hours, Tuesday: 12 hours, Wednesday: OFF, Thursday: OFF, Friday: 12 hours, Saturday: 12 hours, Sunday: 12 hours
- High school diploma/GED,
- 3rd Class State of Ohio Stationary Engineer's License
- 4+ years of related experience is defined as operating and maintaining energy center type equipment such as boilers, refrigeration, air compressors, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and electronic control systems in a similar environment or performing tasks similar to, or the same as, those required in this position.
- Must be able to diagnose and repair the problem without shutting the site down or jeopardizing site operations.
- Experience is required due to nature of the staffing schedule - operator is the only maintenance/operations person on site for about 70% of the time, including the night shifts and weekends.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity and a Military/Veteran Friendly employer.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
The base pay for this position is $24.40 – $48.80 per hour. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- water systems
- electronic control systems
- control systems
- air conditioning
- site operations
- water treatment
- hvac control
- routine maintenance
- steam systems
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.