Document Coordinator - Casa Grande AZ Plant - 1st shift Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Casa Grande, AZ, US
40 hours per week
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®,
Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Casa Grande, Ariz., is one of Abbott’s leading nutrition manufacturing plants in the U.S., reflecting our commitment to innovation and excellence. But we’re more than just a company, we’re a family. Working here you’ll be part of a family that works together to make a difference and enhance the lives of millions worldwide.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- Vacation – 3 weeks of accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 personal days + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
- A stable company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Administer document change control of Work Orders, Plant Procedures, Job Aids and other Quality Assurance controlled documents.
- Perform test mapping in LIMS system for tests done in the Analytical Lab. May be required to perform minor POMsnet (electronic batch record/auditing system) recipe revisions.
- Assure that quality documents are properly distributed and controlled internally.
- Ensure that all necessary documents, filed processes, and other critical factors, formulations and documentation for packaging materials and ingredients are in place prior to production.
- Preserve and maintain an effective system for making authorized changes to individual Work Orders and other documents.
- Responsible for complying with Federal Regulations pertaining to Low Acid Canned Foods, Infant Formula Quality Control, Acidified Foods, Nutritional Labeling Laws and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system:
- Writing, updating, revising, and printing merged Work Orders and/or procedures on AS/400.
- Prepare and maintain all quality-related documents, manuals, protocols, deviations, procedures, issuances, and methods that define and document the quality control system.
- Updating the valid combination files associated with the Master Work Order that includes inputting and formatting the correct data into the Batch Calculation program. (per procedure)
- Perform test mapping in LIMS system for tests done in the Analytical Lab.
- Write, update, route, track, issue, and implement all Master Work Orders and Quality related documents in accordance with Division Quality Assurance Documents Policy. The work order and other documents must accurately reflect actual plant practices.
- Coordinate changes in the labeling and packaging materials with the correct formulations as required by the Master List of Labeling Components.
- Comply with department expectations.
- Change control of Work Order and other QA documents. Coordinate document changes with Plant and Division representatives.
- Arbitrate and resolve differences among various departments to assure that proposed changes follow the Plant, Division, and Corporate guidelines.
- Perform other specific duties as assigned by the supervisor or manager, especially during the absence of other team members.
- Play lead role on all issues to assure each is addressed through accurate review of in process changes for Document Coordinators prior to submission to supervisor.
- Coordinating and overseeing all new products, and other new projects that involve Quality Systems.
- Back up to Document Coordinators when needed.
- Facilitates Deviation meeting/schedule coordination, plant Deviation implementation, Electronic Deviation coordination, Deviation follow up and close out.
- Provide work orders for engineering studies, replicates, clinical as needed (attend clinical meetings, coordinate clinical work order and provide to manufacturing line.)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- 3 years QA related experience (ex. Lab Analyst, Batch Log Auditor, or related position) with 2 years as a Documents Coordinator preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and requirements for infant formula and nutritionals.
- Some knowledge of manufacturing processes associated with making a batch is required.
- Knowledge of the AS400 word processing system is desired.
- Proficient skills with computer and management information systems.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity and Military/Veteran Friendly Employer, committed to employee diversity. Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
The base pay for this position is $18.07 – $36.13 per hour. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- document change control
- quality assurance
- quality system
- as400 word processing system
- quality control
- manufacturing processes
- regulatory standards
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.