District Service Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Memphis, TN, US
Yes, 50 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not an active open requisition. We are building a candidate slate for a future opening.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out remote in the Diagnostics Division.
We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
Abbott Molecular is a leader in molecular diagnostics and the analysis of DNA, RNA, and proteins at the molecular level.
Our Point of Care diagnostic portfolio spans key heath and therapeutic areas, including infections disease, cardiometabolic, informatics and toxicology.
Our diagnostic solutions are used in hospitals, laboratories and clinics around the globe. The crucial information derived from our tests, instruments and informatics systems are often the first step in patient care decision making for hundreds of health conditions from heart attacks to blood disorders to infectious diseases and cancers.
Our rapid diagnostics solutions are helping address some of the world’s greatest healthcare challenges.
What You’ll Work On
- Recruit, hire and retain top talent: Proactively and routinely identifies a pool of high potential candidates to fill open and future service positions.
- Defines considers current needs/dynamics of the team and business to define hiring profiles and partners with Human Resources to define recruitment strategies.
Coach and Motivate Employees:
- Work with employee to discuss and expand ways to overcome service business challenges and improve performance (e.g., coaches to the Achieving Service Excellence model, shares best practices).
- Effectively recognize and reward individual and team achievements to reinforce and drive overall performance.
- Utilize incentive plans to motivate and direct the service team by linking service actions to incentives and by allocating service goals that are fair, challenging, and achievable.
Service Team Training & Development:
- Identify ongoing training needs of the individual/team to address service support improvement opportunities to drive customer loyalty, reduce costs and maximize and profitability.
- Sponsor and support an appropriate training plan to ensure new hires quickly and effectively learn the job.
- Facilitates training for experienced representatives to ensure continuous improvement and high-level performance.
- Monitor and reinforce service representative formal training to ensure application on the job.
- Manage Employee Performance: Ensure performance impact goal grades and management documentation are consistent with employee performance.
- Identify performance gaps that require coaching, training, or performance counseling and establish specific action plan to appropriately address.
- Project, Product, Industry, Market: Ensure adherence to quality and compliance policies and practices. Maintain a strong knowledge of service project implementation, service pricing, Division products, diagnostics industry, and marketplace.
- Identify industry trends and changing market practices and assist team in supporting customers to retain and advance business opportunities.
- Coordinate and consolidate a comprehensive analysis of the business and marketplace in the assigned geography (e.g., installed base, new placements, support strategy, risks, opportunity to improve service to retain and develop new business) to support the business plan process and establish short- and long-term goals.
- Routinely analyzes the business to identify emerging trends, risks, and opportunities (implement Proactive/Predictive model).
- Minimum 7 years or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Travel 50 to 75% depending on where incumbent lives.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $102,700.00 – $205,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- Service Excellence
- Service Support
- Customer Loyalty
- Continuous Improvement
- Action Plan
- Project Implementation
- Business Analysis
- Support Strategy
- Business Plan
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.