Director, IT Business Relationship Management (BRM) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Alameda, CA, US
Yes, 15 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Director, IT Business Relationship Management
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
The Director, IT Business Relationship Management (BRM) will partner with the Abbott Commercial and Manufacturing business leaders in setting the Global IT strategy and associated roadmap/fiscal planning. This role will ensure that Information Systems technology meets the current and future needs of the business. This will be achieved through collaboration with the business and deep understanding of the business needs and priorities, portfolio management and demand prioritization, partnership with internal and external delivery partners for successful and consistent technical delivery, and advocacy for both business needs and global IT strategy across stakeholder areas.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Partners closely with business executives across a variety of Global functional areas to develop IT strategy to meet current and future need of the North America business, and manages escalation and issues where needed.
- Plans, develops and directs the IT BRM activities across the North America portfolio, and aligns on strategic direction with other regional IT Commercial and Manufacturing leads
- Manages processes, priorities, decisions, risks, and issues, as required, across the domain.
- Manages and recommends budgets.
- Responsible for all aspects of people leadership for the function
- Acts as liaison between the business and IT for the stakeholder groups assigned
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Understand industry trends and the competitive landscape in terms of technology enablers. Combined with the Abbott business strategy, translate this into an aligned IT portfolio of programs, projects and applications.
- Align with business on the portfolio of programs, projects and applications.
- Collaborate with other parts of divisional IT, Corporate IT, and other staff departments, external partners and customers to ensure adequate and timely delivery of services, in line with agreed service levels.
- Oversee and manage departmental IT budgets, RCE (Capital/Pre-Paid), direct expenditures and return on investment (ROI) calculations with business for initiatives.
- Understand the specific challenges and opportunities linked to regulatory, legal, privacy, security and economic situations across North America. Partner with business leadership, IT peers and vendors to address these evolutions in the most efficient way.
- Continually seek opportunities for revenue generation, cost reductions, and cost avoidance.
- Support cross functional and cross region business initiatives and explores IT synergies and efficiencies.
- Responsible for all aspects of people leadership for the Global IT BRM team; setting expectations, coaching, developing, evaluating, feedback, hiring and performance management.
- Responsible for overall team morale and supports a collaborative environment.
- Champions change and innovation. Able to a global perspective where needed, and advocate for local/business specific when appropriate.
- Establishes staffing/resource plans to meet long-range business needs determining appropriate mix of sourcing opportunities. Responsible for overall organizational effectiveness.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration or another discipline relevant for the healthcare industry or equivalent experience
- 15+ years of IT experience in large or mid-size multinational company
- Work effectively with all levels of management up to and including Division Directors and VPs
- Ability to collaborate with business leads, understand business strategy/processes, look for innovative solutions to drive business enhancements both for internal business users and external customers
- Strong influence and negotiating skills
- Experience leading teams - both direct and indirect
- Proven leadership skills, self-directed with strong work ethic
- Successfully managed project portfolio with projects ranging from $20K+
- Proven experience and understanding of the complete software life cycle
This is not a live job. This is a pipeline for potential upcoming opportunities.
The base pay for this position is $178,700.00 – $357,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- IT Business Relationship Management
- Business Leadership
- IT Strategy
- Portfolio Management
- Business Administration
- Business Strategy
- Business Initiatives
- IT Portfolio
- People Leadership
- Innovative Solutions
- Performance Management
- Cross Functional
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Technical Delivery
- Strategic Direction
- Negotiating Skills
- Fiscal Planning
- Cost Avoidance
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.