Direct Sales Representative, CRM - Columbus / Dayton, OH Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dayton, OH, US
Yes, 25 % of the Time
40 hours per week
A healthy heart is essential to good health. That's why we're committed to advancing treatments for people with cardiovascular disease. As a global leader in Cardiac Rhythm Technologies, our breakthrough medical technologies help restore people's health so they can get back to living their best lives, faster. We focus on innovative technologies that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Calls on physicians, medical laboratories, distributors, and hospitals to sell ABT medical devices in an assigned territory. May conduct marketing surveys, effectiveness reviews of calls/sales activities, and territory analysis. Develops and services new and established accounts, suggests and presents new products. As appropriate, assists marketing personnel on advertising and promotional sales strategies.
- Contacts, visits and educates clients and potential clients on the Company’s products and addresses any client questions and concerns.
- Builds and executes on business plans in partnership with management to identify, target and develop new accounts.
- Provides medical professionals with information and training on the use of Company products and with staff education, in-services and technical troubleshooting.
- Ensures that all pertinent patient information is completed and forwarded to patient tracing when required.
- Responsible for the management of physical inventory located within assigned territory.
- Collects and studies information about new and existing products and monitors competitor sales, prices and products.
- Analyses sales statistics; prepares reports; and performs required administrative sales duties, e.g., filing expense account reports, scheduling appointments, and making travel plans.
- May attend trade shows where new products and technologies are showcased and conferences to meet other sales representatives and clients and discuss new product developments.
- Prepares special analyses as required.
- Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise.
- Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence.
- Performs related duties, on occasion, as assigned or required.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field or equivalent and typically two plus years of sales or clinical support experience with proven experience influencing customers in a healthcare-related setting.
- An aptitude to analyze and evaluate technologically complex devices; ability to work with and direct others effectively; ability to prepare and present strong written and verbal communications; familiarity with medical device industry policies, operations, and procedures.
- Documented record and/or aptitude of delivering sales/marketing information to influence customer decision-making
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with customers, physicians, hospital administrators, government agencies, medical groups, and other sales representatives.
- Strong verbal and written communication, negotiation, sales, interpersonal and presentation skills. Demonstrated working knowledge of frequently used personal computer programs and relevant applications.
- Verification that you will satisfy all vendor credentialing requirements, which may include vaccination for COVID-19. If you require a medical or religious accommodation from these requirements or if you would like to understand more about these requirements, please advise HR so that we can provide additional information and if needed, we can explore any needed accommodation(s).
- General understanding of Cardiac Rhythm Management technology.
- Minimum of 3 years Cardiac Rhythm Managment experience
- Ideally medical device sales experience, preferably with CRM technologies
- Proven Track record of top performances and exceeding expectations with previous roles
- Ability to take on on-call responsibilities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $39,000.00 – $97,000.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- crm technologies
- written communication
- physical inventory
- cardiac rhythm management
- cardiac rhythm management technology
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.